+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Infraction System

Re: New Infraction System

Quote Originally Posted by John;2543665;
    I wanted to post some example snippets of responses we've gotten just in the last few days, so you can see the kind of thing that's going to get you banned. These are from various members, and again, just within the last 3 days:
    Wow, thanks John. Those examples are unbelievable and sad.
    Thanks from a long time poster who appreciates the intelligence on this site.

I had no idea the mods had to put up with posts like that. You guys go ahead and continue to "infract" us when we need it!

What people need to realize is that you all don't ENJOY doing this. But someone needs to keep us crazies in line!! Keep up the good work!

Wow. All I can say is please continue to do your jobs mods. I love this site for the fact that we can express ourselves without attacking each other, we can read what is written and not need a lingo dictionary to read it and we love each other here!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

John, thanks to you and the Mods for sticking to your guns.
    I guess alot of people these days are just used to the Internet being a place where there are no rules and its no-holds-barred. So then they don't like it when they come here and have to behave and follow the rules. And the horrible messages they are sending you guys, holy cow, that's just unacceptable!
    I do not visit any other boards nor do I text message or private message or anything so I love our lingo-free zone ...FoRT rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by John;2543654;
    I should also mention this: we've had several members who have said "go ahead and ban me" in their responses. And we do. If you ask, you shall receive. Don't be surprised when it happens. And if you don't mean it, don't say it.
    Good for you! I think this is a great policy and I laughed out loud reading it. Sorry John, I know it wasn't supposed to be funny

Many of the replies sound like the ten year old child who has been chastized by his stepmother yelling "You can't boss me around, you're not my mother!"

Well sometimes the mods have to play mother to unrully children and that is okay by me. As I am not supposed to take an infraction personally, neither should a mod take the response I am sure that it gets wearing and it must have gotten especially bad to elicit this response. Sorry you have to take it ... and keep up the good work
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Hmmm....people really sass back like that? I always feel so bad I reply to the Mod with an apology!

I don't like getting infractions. It always makes me feel like I've been called into the principals office.

Keep up the good work Mods!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

No one likes them, livin4reality. But the good part of infractions is that it gives staff a standard, reviewable way of monitoring who's done what with a post and user. And it allows us to visually see who our "problem users" are and take care of them so that people like yourself can enjoy the site

So I got a warning or whatever the hell you want to call it for using 'cuz' and 'prolly'. Since I'm not sure if the word 'lol' can even be used, I messaged the user who sent me this warning, but he/she never answered me.

What kind of service are the staff providing here? Not answering someone's questions. Thats pretty pathetic. It was a simple question. This process is very inefficient. Your moderators can't even answer to disagreements by the members.

Also, many many many people are used to using the words 'cuz' and 'prolly'. It's very easy to slip once in a while. These words are appropriate...on the web. Why are they considered 'lingo'?

+ Reply to Thread