+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Infraction System

It's just hard sometimes adjusting to the different rules and you kind of get used to the way you usually type. Ill try to fix it. Thanks.

I'M SORRY!!! I just used the dreaded C word again! please don't ban me.

Sheesh... we should be allowed to go back and fix the mistakes we may have missed in proofreading before our posts are whisked away to Moderater-Land. Especially when they are such embarrasing posts.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I believe there is about 15 20 minutes you can edit your post.

Ok, I just got an infraction for only using smileys in a post and I noticed that under my avatar, there is a notice saying I have 1 infraction. I feel like I'm wearing the scarlet letter. How funny, now everyone will know I've been a bad bad girl!

Only because you outed yourself.

Honestly, the only people who can see that are you and the staff. Everyone else is blissfully unaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2195911;
    Only because you outed yourself.

Honestly, the only people who can see that are you and the staff. Everyone else is blissfully unaware.
    Get out! What a schmuck I am.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I am so tempted to be a bad girl now too just to see what all the fuse is about. I guess it would be a case of curiosity killing the cat.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Bubba Jo, I was thinking the same thing.

Words in red? Posts disappearing as soon as written. Darn, I need to be break a few rules to find out what is going on.

I guess deep down inside I want to be a bad girl , not just a
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I Is Stephanie
    Ok, so, a couple of things. Is there a list anywhere of how long an infraction will stay on a person's record? Does it vary from person to person? Could it be possible to have a list somewhere of an average time that an infraction will last from the date it is given to you?

and for my other thought, this is probably really stupid, but, since all the mods review before giving an infraction, maybe, if the users aren't newbies, you could give them a chance to plead their case? Like, I know that sometimes there is no reason for why they did something, like lingo, when it's clearly posted what IS and ISN'T lingo, but I got an infraction for posting a link to another fan site, when I had it there because I was posting an ariticle I found on the site, and to not post the link would have been in direct violation of another rule that states that you need a link to all articles. I suppose it's a catch-22 that I could have avoided, but now I have 3 infraction points.

I realize it's probably not possible to let everyone try to explain why they did what they did, but it's just one of those thoughts that I had to at least get out in the open.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Hi 11stephanie, if you click on your own profile it will tell you when the infraction expires.

The idea behind the infraction is that it is a reminder of the rules that you should already be familiar with. When you register an account here, we tell you that by signing up you are agreeing to read and abide by the FAQ. In the "Links to other sites" section, it explains what type of articles are allowed and which aren't.

The infraction system helps us to be consistent with every poster on the site. No one but you can see that you have an infraction on your profile, and it expires soon. There really isn't any point to getting into a "defend yourself" discussion with every infraction. Do you plan on posting more fan site articles? Then you don't have to worry about the infraction points.

Meanwhile, we do have posters that are consistently pushing the envelope with baiting or flaming posts, and this helps us keep track of who they are, and will result in them being banned from the site. When you're in a fast-moving forum (I'm not going to name any names) this is a crucial tool for weeding out the people who have come here to start fights.

I hope this helps.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread