+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changes to the FAQ

Changes to the FAQ

I've clarified some things in the FAQ section of the site, and I'd like to go over them here, so that everyone's familiar with our rules:

1) I've modified the rules to more clearly spell out that YouTube and Google Video sites, and those like it, are NOT allowed here. Broadcast media is copyrighted, and posting it on one of those sites is illegal. Posting a link here will be removed. You may have noticed that during Big Brother, we allowed YouTube links to feed video, and that may have confused some of you. We did this because it was specifically NOT broadcast media.

2) I've added the use of the term "haters" to our no insulting rule. We just don't like it. People here are free to like or dislike contestants for whatever reason they want, and calling them "haters" is not acceptable here.

3) I've added a section on hot-linking images, and also about adding a link to the original article for news posted here. This should clarify our policy on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by John;2111095;
    1) I've modified the rules to more clearly spell out that You Tube and Google Video sites, and those like it, are NOT allowed here. Broadcast media is copyrighted, and posting it on one of those sites is illegal.
    John, what if its a legal clip (in other words a clip posted by the network or studio) on one of those services? NBC, CBS and a number of others post stuff legally on You Tube. A number of studios and production companies post stuff similarly on Google Video.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

We don't have any way to verify whether the clip is legal or illegal. Since those sites allow both just as freely, no links are allowed.

+ Reply to Thread