+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade 10/15

Upgrade 10/15

Please use this thread for questions or problems.

Let me start by thanking everyone for their patience. The upgrade was necessary for a while, and since it was Sunday morning, it was time.

Now: I know things are a bit messed up. Some buttons are the wrong color, some things aren't in the right location, etc. I'm going to fix these things today, but it'll take some time. Please bear with me.

If you run into errors, please let me know exactly what you were doing at the time, and the error message you see.

I've also changed the "mark thread or forum as read" setting changed to be database-driven instead of cookie-driven. This means that when your cookie times out (15 minutes), your new posts and forums will no longer be automatically marked as read.

First, thanks for the site maintenance, John. We all appreciate your time, especially on a Sunday.

Perhaps small item, but, I've noticed that when you are at the bottom of a page, there is no longer the link to go back to the thread section you're on: for instance, if you're in General Discussion and finish a post, you have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get back into G.D., whereas prior to the upgrade , there was also a link at the bottom of the page.

Like I said, small, small detail/problem.

EDITED TO ADD: The links are back! You must have been adding them when I typed this. Also, I adore the little swirling "loading" icon you've added. NICE touch!
    Last edited by lambikins; 10-15-2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Okay, we had some database corruption going on.

Temporarily the database is running on the same server as the web side. This means we won't be able to handle nearly as many people as before, but it also means you won't see database errors any more. I'm having the other server fixed.

Updates to follow.

Some people are still having trouble accessing the site. I've located the problem, and am in the process of fixing it.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar
    I've only had one problem so far. My FoRT bookmark is set for the home page which doesn't come up for me. I have to get on the site via the Forums page.
    The site seems much quicker to me so far (maybe that's because not many people are on) and I'm on dial-up.
    Thanks, John, for the upgrade and all your hard work!

Yep, I'm working on the home page as well. Several features are currently not working, but we'll get them back.

Thanks, John.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Thank you, John.

As you can probably see, we're still having some problems. There's one table that's still corrupted, and my rebuilding processes have failed. I've got another way to do it, but it's time-consuming and is causing really high CPU usage. I'm trying really hard to get things working again before TAR tonight - that's my goal at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast