+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade 10/15

Leo
    Premium Member
    jelle, I think what's happening is that the system is logging you out whenever it doesn't see you active for a while. Try logging in with the Remember me box ticked. That'll automatically log you in all the time. (This may not be a good idea if you're on a shared computer, though.)

Leo
    Premium Member
    I hate to double-post, but I just noticed that the column headers for the search results are wrong. They don't match (the thread starter is labeled as "last post", for example).

Thanks, Leo, I'll fix that up.

THANKS, John..for the pager feature once again, and for the list of names at the top of each forum so we can see who's in there! Much appreciated.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2111744;
    jelle, I think what's happening is that the system is logging you out whenever it doesn't see you active for a while. Try logging in with the Remember me box ticked. That'll automatically log you in all the time. (This may not be a good idea if you're on a shared computer, though.)
    I think it may have been my computer - I tried to post twice last night and neither post showed up - I gave up and went to bed - Wa-La - they were there this AM.

I have a crappy old computer, so sometimes it is frustrating But being kicked out each time I tried to PM and losing a long, boring disertation was Super (with a capital S) frustrating!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I hope this is just me but I have just experienced several time-out errors, both in IE and Mozilla. Currently I have 2 windows open with IE being the one I'm using now. Mozilla is currently "timed out."

I hate to double post, but everything is fine now.

It seems I'm getting timed out pretty fast, too. I'll still copy my post before submitting because it's frustrating to lose it because I took took much time trying to be coherent. (I do try to think before I post!)
    I have the "remember me" box checked, but it doesn't. Am I that forgettable?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2113074;
    It seems I'm getting timed out pretty fast, too. I'll still copy my post before submitting because it's frustrating to lose it because I took took much time trying to be coherent. (I do try to think before I post!)
    I have the "remember me" box checked, but it doesn't. Am I that forgettable?
    cricketeen, here's something to try. What address are you using to get to the site? What I've found is if I use the remember me option to log in at a page that has "http://www.fansofrealitytv.com" in the address and I later try to get to the site with "http://fansofrealitytv.com" (no www prefix), it doesn't remember me at all. Try logging in with the box ticked both ways and see if it helps.

I talked to John and asked him what was up with the site timing out so much today. He said "it's nothing to do with our server, but is a problem with a router at the hosting company that they're working to fix." So, it shouldn't be bad for long.

+ Reply to Thread