+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade 10/15

Awesome job, John!

This morning when I signed into my e-mail account with Yahoo, I had a welcome surprise ... mail from the FORT to some threads I had subscribed to over a year ago!! I have not been receiving them for close to a year (last upgrade, I believe) so I had given up all hope that this feature would work for me again.

Thanks much!!

Is the arcade working...I don't see a link at the top of the page?

Hi;

Here are the issues I've been having since Sunday:

I can't get to the website using IE at all. It says Invalid Forum Path or something like that or it's a blank page. The little 'going there' wheel keeps spinning & spinning.

Trying to edit a post, the edited post showed up as very truncated - 3 lines or so. I had to keep deleting and beginning again.

When I get a PM, there is no space or button to reply with. I have to type the person's name in a new PM post to write back to them. I didn't realise this at first - thought the 1st person had just disabled the reply function.

Still can't get in using IE, I am on Netscape at the moment. Good to know what's going on at least, and looking forward to the newfangled site changes

I'm not getting the invalid forum path message anymore. When I type in the website, I get a message saying that the site has been upgraded but that the front page isn't ready yet and gives me a link for the forums.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

An update - I'm now in using IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2104205;
    When I get a PM, there is no space or button to reply with. I have to type the person's name in a new PM post to write back to them. I didn't realise this at first - thought the 1st person had just disabled the reply function.
    Brandy, just hit the "quote" button and you will get a reply box. I think I recall doing it that way in the old days here.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't think there was a quote button there, earlier this morning either. I remember looking for any way to reply. Thanks though AJane.

Big thanks to you, John for all of your time, patience and effort..especially all this on a Sunday.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Thanks John for your hard work. I've noticed it's faster today and I haven't had to be "refreshed" too many times

I have my posts listed from most recent at the top. In order to post a reply now, I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page whereas before there was also a post reply button at the top left. Will that be returning?

Hope all your technical thingamahooeys fall into place the way you'd like!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    John, I also wanted to say how much I appreciate the efforts you put in with all the site maintenance and especially the new upgrades. The site seems a lot faster today in posting messages. Plus, I really like the more streamlined look of the threads. I was wondering about the arcade too but I'm sure it's pretty low on the priority list so I'll wait patiently for you. Thanks again!
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread