+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade 10/15

Leo
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the hard work you do, John.

Just one request: Can we have the "page X of Y" thing back at the top of the page as well as at the bottom?

Yep, we can. I'm going to work on all of the template customizations over this week. There are a bunch we've lost.

Premium Member
    Will the pager system come back as well?

That's the plan. It's not updated for this version of the software, but there's a rumor that someone's gotten it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange;2103440;
    I've only had one problem so far. My FoRT bookmark is set for the home page which doesn't come up for me. I have to get on the site via the Forums page.
    The site seems much quicker to me so far (maybe that's because not many people are on) and I'm on dial-up.
    Thanks, John, for the upgrade and all your hard work!
    I, too, finally got in via "backdoor" through the forums page. Every time I typed in the site, I would get a message saying "Invalid forum path specified! Please edit this file and be sure to include the correct path for your $forumpath variable." Weird. Anyway. Glad I finally got in through the forums though.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by John;2103812;
    Corprip, something that may help you out - at the bottom of the forum listing is a link to "mark all forums read". Click that when you're all done, and it makes everything read for you. Then when you come back, all fresh.
    Cool! Thank you!! That does make it easier.

And Leo, I noticed that also.. it's funny how something little like that can make a difference. I find myself looking for it when I'm scrolling through the pages.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

update! Everything looks great, and is running great for me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    OMG!! I have been having serious withdrawal pains from this site!! I haven't been able to get on the FORT all day and couldn't figure out how to "backdoor" to get in thru the system so I finally just went to sirlinksalot and pulled up one of the re-caps and I got back into the FORT!!!

I'm about to be away from the computer for over a week and it was scaring the crap out of me that I couldn't read the FORT before I left.

I was so happy I made it into the FORT that I haven't really had a chance to look at the changes but whatever you've done John, I know it will be great and we'll all love it (but boy oh boy and I glad to see this place again!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by John;2103715;
    The last problem should now be fixed - those people who were getting a database error regarding the "access" table.
    I was still getting that just now John. I had to come in through a saved post, then log in.

Very good job fixing the problem John. I have noticed that if I post it doesn't show up as the last post on the main page.

+ Reply to Thread