+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Site slow

Site slow

I don't know how else to put it, but I can get in okay, but once I view a few pages the site gets VERY slow. I don't know if the pages eventually load as I just get frustrated and close down the site. If I wait a few minutes and try to log back in things will be fine again for a few minutes, than once agan the site goes into slow mo. I've logged in from home and work and the same thing happens every time. It doesn't matter what time it is either. It happens EVERY time I log in and start reading and/or posting (although I obviously don't post very much )

This is still happening. I can read 2-3 pages and than wham the site just stops. It's very frustrating. While I may not participate much, there are times that I would like to, but when the site stops why bother.

I too have been having problems the past couple of times I've tried coming on the site, and wanted to check of it's just me or a server/site problem. It's very random, sometimes the page will load, only very slowly. Other times I get the white page of death.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

It's still happening to me, and has been for quite some time.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Same here. I'd say 5 out of 10 times I get stuck in never-load land and I just close it. Sometimes the main forum page loads fast, I get into a sub-forum but can't get into a thread.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

It takes about two full minutes to load Fort..then it slows down after Ive viewed different forums in here. If I post, the reply just sits here and does nothing, so I click it to send again, and it then tells me I have to wait so many minutes to post again..which can result in double posts..then you have to delete one because they're the same post.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Same here. I'd say 5 out of 10 times I get stuck in never-load land and I just close it. Sometimes the main forum page loads fast, I get into a sub-forum but can't get into a thread.
    Yep, that's what is happening to me too! Its been happening for awhile now too!

Of course, it doesn't keep me from coming here...it may just take me a little longer!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Same with me. At first I thought it was my computer, but it only happens here. When I'm just reading posts and sense it is going to happen, I hit my stop button and retry before the white page can get me. If I am posting, I'll quickly highlight and copy the post so I have it if the page is lost.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

This has been happening to me too for some time now. Only on this site. I only have random minutes here and there to visit, and the site being so slow is eating up my time. So I think I am done here for now. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. I'll check in the future to see if it is running better. So long for now Fort!!

I've been having the same trouble for awhile now. I've switched to firefox because it seems to run faster than IE, but its still slow-going at times.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast