+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Site slow

its really hit or miss.

I would say most of the time it work but when it doesnt its SO frustrating.

sometimes i think maybe its just High traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    I too have been having problems the past couple of times I've tried coming on the site, and wanted to check of it's just me or a server/site problem. It's very random, sometimes the page will load, only very slowly. Other times I get the white page of death.
    "The White Page of Death..." If it's happening to the mods, then it has to be serious! I have 3 different laptops to get onto here, and it's happening on all of them. I've learned to COPY each and every post that I make since half of them get wiped out by the ~shudder~ White Page Of Death!

Snowie: You still have what it takes!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    "The White Page of Death..." If it's happening to the mods, then it has to be serious! I have 3 different laptops to get onto here, and it's happening on all of them. I've learned to COPY each and every post that I make since half of them get wiped out by the ~shudder~ White Page Of Death!

Snowie: You still have what it takes!
    I have also taken to copying all my posts first before I hit "send" because some have been eaten and I hate when that happens. I'm on Firefox and sometimes I'm forced to open IE (which I loathe) just to get in. Sometimes that doesn't work either. **sigh**
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I have tried with both IE and Mozilla. It does not matter which browser I am using. If the site craps out using Mozilla, I will close out and go to IE and I cannot get back in. I have to wait a few minutes and than try again. I wonder if it is a time issue? Or the number of pages viewed? There does seem to be a problem if so many of us are experiencing the same issue. It does not matter what time of day it is either, I have viewed at 6am,noon, 3pm, 6pm, 10pm. The same thing happens every time. The only difference may be the number of pages I am able to read before I get zapped, I do always eventually get zapped.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure John knows about this issue. It's been going on for quite a while. He was trying to fix it, but it's still happening for me, too. What A Drag!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    I've been having the same trouble for awhile now. I've switched to firefox because it seems to run faster than IE, but its still slow-going at times.
    Same here. IE would give me a search page saying the site could not be found. All I get from Firefox is a "timed out" message when it is too slow.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    When I get the "timed out" message, I have good success if I immediately hit "reload".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ARRRGGHHHH!!! This is soooo aggravating!!!

<pulls hair out>

It really makes it difficult giving the blow-by-blow on the shows. When something major happens it's a while before it gets posted.

I was wondering if it's because there are so many people on the forum?

oh well....

fixit, fixit, fixit!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Well, I guess it's not only me then. The funny thing is, I couldn't even get on the FORT at all to post my recaps earlier (the white screen was taunting, mocking, torturing me), but I was able to use someone else's computer to do so. I'm back on my laptop right now though. Is it this random for everyone?

Good tip to copy the posts. I need to remember to do that. I've lost quite a number of posts to the ether that I was too lazy to retype.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The site's been sporadically slow for a few weeks now. I've been working to fix it, or at least make it better, but as I posted in another thread a few weeks back, I'm not sure what's causing it. It doesn't really seem to be related to the number of people on at the time.

Anyway, I keep making changes to try to get things right. Some work, some don't, and it's ongoing.

I realize it's frustrating. It's frustrating for me too. Hang in there, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast