+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the FORT Arcade

Leo
    Premium Member
    I know, but that's the kind of error message I get at that point too, a "not authorized to view this page" or something like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    the Arcade is very cool. I like the games and wonder if we could find some that are word-based like Wheel of Fortune or something like that for the folks with big vocabularies and slow hand-eye coordination. I'm not exactly sure where to find them, but sometimes there are "guess the phrase" type games at those video games that you can play at bars if you are bored listening to your friends sing karoake.
    Wheel of Fortune in already there. Or, did you mean more of that type, because that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    I'm not sure how to play:

I couldn't hit the skiers, almost all were out of range. Do I use another key besides the space bar?

What is the flashing red thingy on the snow for?

I hit only one skier, should I climb down, search in the snow and punch the skier? Do I get extra points for doing that?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Kay -

The red flashy thingamajig is your snowball aimer. So when you push down the spacebar, it will move from left to the right. You can't go back, so the trick is to time it when the skiier will be underneath you. When you let go of the spacebar, he throws the snowball.

You go down to get the clock which will give you more time. And you have to run in the cave if the professor comes out.

Hope that helps.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

LG.
    Thanks SV. I meant more of that type, as this version made me bonkers because I couldn't figure out how to make it let me solve the puzzle, so you don't get a bonus for figuring it out. I know there are other simliar ones, but the names escape me. *must go to more bars to check out the video game offerings - ok, maybe not*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Hi Kay -

The red flashy thingamajig is your snowball aimer. So when you push down the spacebar, it will move from left to the right. You can't go back, so the trick is to time it when the skiier will be underneath you. When you let go of the spacebar, he throws the snowball.

You go down to get the clock which will give you more time. And you have to run in the cave if the professor comes out.

Hope that helps.
    hepcat, thanks for your help.

I didn't know I could move the red aimer and was just waiting for skiers to come close to the cliff. No wonder I couldn't hit any.

I found out that for each skier I search in the snow and punch, I could get 50 or 75 points. That's a lot more than throwing snowballs at them but I got run over by other skiers and then the professor came out.

This game is tough, my best score is 335.

I didn't know about the punching! I thought you were being frustrated or something.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

To play the arcade games, you have to either post a few times or be a member for a few days.

MotherSister, yours might be a permissions problem with being the Poster of the Week - I'll check into that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    I found out that for each skier I search in the snow and punch, I could get 50 or 75 points.
    You can also reach down into the snow where the stars are after punching a skier and get more points! I love punching the big boobed snow bunny! I can't stand her for some reason!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Yay! I can play now. Thanks, John.

Something is definitely wonky with Space Invaders. Either just for me or in general. It just ends my game when I get in the 20K-30K range, no matter how many men I have left. Very frustrating. If anyone else had that issue and figured it out, please let me know what I'm doing. I didn't have this problem last week.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread