+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which server are you on?

I'm not sure I understand the whole new server old server thing. I see other people's sig lines saying Still on old server but am unsure if I am on the old or the new.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Over 30? That's awful. Hopefully, the new server will be less hops for you, and things overall will be much quicker than they were on the old server.

I just tried again and I think I read it wrong. Is it the number of lines it goes through? If that is the case it is 15. I should make it by summer. (Yeah, I am computer clueless.)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Yeah, the numbers are on the left.

And nilesgirl, if the graphic you see is "new server" then you're on the new server and things should be very quick for you. If you see "old server", then you're on the old one, and have to wait, and things will be slower for now.

I only see the graphic on your sig line. I don't see any other graphic.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Well, it's pretty easy to tell which server you're on. Look at the graphic at the top of this thread, or in my sig line. It doesn't get much easier.
    I'm on the new server.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I only see the graphic on your sig line. I don't see any other graphic.
    That's the one you should be looking at. It will tell YOU which server YOU are on. It's different for everyone who sees it.

Oh. Then I am still on the old server. Now how do I do that command prompt thing?

FORT Fogey
    I'm still on the old server. I have no clue how to figure out how many hops away I am, but I'm not worrying 'cause in a day or so we'll all be back on the new one, anyway.

Thanks for all your efforts, John!!

John, you said something about a command prompt thing that I can do to see how many "hops" away I am from being on the new server. What exactly do I need to do?

Thanks, John. I feel much better now. You rock.

Nilesgirl, click on Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt and type in tracert fansofrealitytv.com
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast