+ Reply to Thread

Thread: problems getting instant email notifications

FORT Newbie

problems getting instant email notifications

Well, the bottom line is I don't get any email notifications when I subscribe to threads. I've checked that my email address is good. What now?

Is it possible they're getting caught by your spam filter?

FORT Newbie
    I don't have a spam filter. I did log onto the verizon site and there's nothing in the spam folders. This is weird.

FORT Newbie
    Well I found a spam filter on the verizon site so I'll turn it off and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by flapbreaker View Post
    Well I found a spam filter on the verizon site so I'll turn it off and see if that helps.
    Flapbreaker, Did that work for you? I haven't been getting e-mails on thread subscriptions since the upgrade on this site in November, 2005. I would LOVE to get them again... (I don't think Spam filters are getting them since I check the Spam every once in awhile to make sure nothing's there I want)

I too have had problems getting notifications....What can I do?

We're moving to a new server soon, that may help those of you not getting them.

FORT Newbie
    In the mean time I started having problems with getting messages from another site as well so I opened up a yahoo mail account and have stopped using my verizon one and all seems well. It's weird because I definately turned off the spam detector for verizon.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I'm having a problem with instant email notifications again. This has happened in the past. I don't know what caused it or what cured it. I just stopped getting them and then started again.

When I view all subscribed threads all of the threads are unchecked. I recheck them for instant notification, but as soon as I leave the page they are unchecked again. What am I doing wrong?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I only just discovered the thread subscription option and it hasnt yet worked for me. I know it isn't a spam filter issue because I don't use one
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread