+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filed under "things I found by accident"

Filed under "things I found by accident"

Ok, I just accidentally discovered this, and wanted to share in case you hadn't found them yet either.

When you're composing your post, if you highlight a word/sentence/whatever, and hit Control+B, it adds the bold tags around your highlighted selection. Control+I is italics, Control+U is underline, and so on.

Just a quick tip for those using those codes a lot.

I just discovered that the other day! I use those keyboard shortcuts in Word all the time, so it's cool to be able to use them here too
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That. Is. Cool. How did I never figure that out? Thanks
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Ok, I just accidentally discovered this, and wanted to share in case you hadn't found them yet either.

When you're composing your post, if you highlight a word/sentence/whatever, and hit Control+B, it adds the bold tags around your highlighted selection. Control+I is italics, Control+U is underline, and so on.

Just a quick tip for those using those codes a lot.
    And John, I am still unable to speak Japanese....( )
    Go Tigers!

Do you mean that it is easier to do than to type in the paranthesis each times around each part? . That isn't working for me at all. It throws me into Favorites. I have a strange machine.

In case someone experiences the same problem, I find it easier to highlight the section you want and then hit the Bold "B", "I", or "U" that is in the toolbar above the reply screen. Just under Message: and below Fonts, to the left.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread