+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: member names

www.PonandZi.com phantasmogoria's Avatar

member names

Tried searching the forum for an answer but no luck... Anyway, are we allowed to change our member name? Is yes, then how?

You may change it once and only once. When you're sure about the name, send a PM to John.

Glad to read this. GrumpyGills wasn't something I had put much thought into at the time!
    home at last

There was a bunch of us that dumped the numbers after our names once upon a time. I used to be stargazer401, so I asked John to capitalize it and drop the numbers. Its nice that they'll do that here. Sometimes people just register to make one or two comments and then end up staying, so they don't put a lot of thought into their names.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I know.. I wanna get rid of the "Cutie" in my name.. and just be Callie.

Someone already signed up as Callie though.. and they're NEVER on and they NEVER come on the site anymore

There was a "stargazer" that got booted to make room for me. I don't know if John still does it (they have a lot more people to keep up with now), but if the person wasn't an active poster and hasn't been around for a long time (I think he told me 6 months), then they might bump them for an active member. I'd just ask, it couldn't hurt.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Just a thought, but if a member does NOT post for a period of say, two years, then I think their login should be interrupted, and their name be put back in the pot and available for new posters to use. Like you said, Callie. Then, if that person chooses to join again, they can re-register and play under a newer name. Or would that just be confusing to everyone? .

I know just trying to get to instant messaging with my dad and sister, we had to run through a mountain of combinations to get anything reasonably appropriate.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I agree misskitty. The name I really like belongs to someone who joined in 2003 and posted 1 time!
    home at last

GOOD!!! Yay

The "Callie" poster has NEVER even posted. The last time they logged in, was the same day that they registered (April 9, 2004).

Hmmm... I think I'll have to ask John about this then

ETA: eeekk! My post count is 666!

Quick Callie post again!!
    The name I originally wanted was also taken by a one-time poster, but I've grown fond of anemone and would rather keep it now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast