+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Thread

John,

I don't know if this will help or not, but the only time I am having the margin problem is in posts that quote other posts. Other than that it is ok.

I love the new changes. Especially the way when you edit it stays in the thread instead of going to a reply page. Pretty cool stuff, John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    If you can't read a post because the screen width cuts it off, it works to click on "reply with quote". You will be able to read the whole post in the reply box.
    You can also click on the post # in the upper right.

I just cleaned out the cookies in Firefox per the instructions in FAQ and that took care of the rest of the problems I had with the upgrade. Thkx John.

On the first page

Whenever get on the website, it says error and diverts me to this address: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/profile.php

Quote Originally Posted by lil_romane View Post
    Whenever get on the website, it says error and diverts me to this address: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/profile.php

Go into Tools, internet options and delete your cookies and in my case I also had to delete my history. You may or may not have to logoff and then log back on.

I use two browsers, IE (explorer) and Mozilla's Firefox and I had to delete cookies on both systems for it to work correctly.

Daily Subscriptions...?

I'm not sure if this is related to the upgrade or not, but I have not been receiving e-mails to the threads that I have daily subscriptions to.... yesterday, I noticed that I have not received e-mail since Friday (11/25), so I'm thinking it might be related to the upgrade but I would have thought someone else would have reported the problem by now...

Maybe this should be under the "stoopit" questions thread instead... but I cannot think of anything I have done on my end to have caused this cease and desist on my favorite threads....

Thanks for any help!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    One more thing about PMs - it used to be that the default was to have message tracking (the "request read recipt" option); now it seems to be the other way around. Would it be possible to be changed back?
    Last edited by Leo; 11-27-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Actually Leo, I kinda like it better without the automatic message tracking.

I guess it's a personal choice. John, if it's not to complicated, maybe you could do it so that the default option is left up to the user.

Unfortunately, I can't (without a bunch of work, which I may do one of these days) set message tracking to an individual choice. But I've turned it onto checked by default now, like it was before.

I've tested the basic e-mail functions here on the site, and they work. This post will test the notification settings.

eta: you're right, the e-mail notifications don't work. Let me try to figure that out.
    Last edited by John; 11-27-2005 at 11:30 AM.

Doing another test after making some changes to the e-mail settings.

eta: Looks like the e-mail settings are still not working. I'll try to get it fixed as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by John; 11-27-2005 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread