+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Thread

Something very weird is going on with the servers, and I have been unable to locate it so far. Server loads (cpu and memory usage) will be in the 1-2 range, and then spike up to 55 or more suddenly, with no rhyme or reason, and then 2 minutes later, drop back down to normal.

I'm still monitoring it, but it's definitely very strange.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Here's something new for me. I made a post, and did hit the enter button twice since I had no indication that it was "waiting" for the post to happen. I got 4 posts out of the 2 entries! I was able to delete 3 of the posts with 2 'delete' attempts.

There are gremlins afoot!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    I just tried to post and got a pop up that said this site is not accepting new posts. That's a new one!

FORT Fogey
    I found that the site's running more slowly than usual. I may be getting pop-ups but I always keep my blocker on so I don't know about them, if I am.

FORT Fogey
    I found that the site's running more slowly than usual but it's pretty crowded in here tonight, too.

Edited to Add: WHOA, I just noticed a double post that wasn't at all intentional. I didn't think the first post went anywhere 'cause my machine seemed to have frozen after I typed it.
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 08-28-2006 at 12:07 AM.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I just got the email notification page again, saying there's an error with the site. It was extremely slow loading pages right before that.

I doubt this is related, but yesterday I got a PaM supposedly from Suncat. When I answered via the reply button, I got a very confused message back from her asking what I was talking about. It seems she never sent me a PaM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

You're not alone. I got the same thing from another member.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Now that IS odd. I can't explain that one.

I'm still working on tweaking the system to try to get loads balanced again. They're still strangely spiking for no apparent reason, but I'm getting it closer.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Am I the only one that doesn't have "View First Unread" (or whatever it is), at the top of all of my subscribed threads? I, at, least get that on some of them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread