+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Thread

How do I get on the new server? I would love to start getting e-mail notifications again... Thanks
    (this may be a dumb question, just miss the e-mail from one of my most favorites sites!)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katkitty View Post
    How do I get on the new server? I would love to start getting e-mail notifications again... Thanks
    (this may be a dumb question, just miss the e-mail from one of my most favorites sites!)
    Thank you for asking the question for both of us! Since I'm getting email notifications, what does that mean? I don't see "The purpley blue rectangle box" that ACF mentions.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leo
    Premium Member
    There's nothing you can do to get on the new server, except wait. You can see the "purpley blue box" in John's signature.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this or not, but here goes:

Yesterday, just after typing that I don't care for Deal or No Deal, I was kicked off of FORT (this was maybe 9 AM my time) and I've only just now been able to get back on. When trying to tracert, the destination host wasn't found.

I see, though, that everyone else was around. I did buy a blackboard, and write a thousand times that I wouldn't say bad things about Howie Mandel's show, but that didn't seem to help.

I'm just wondering if this lack of connectivity could be related to the recent server move?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

It could be something filtering through the internet, but the site WAS up. Not sure what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Yesterday, just after typing that I don't care for Deal or No Deal, I was kicked off of FORT (this was maybe 9 AM my time) and I've only just now been able to get back on. When trying to tracert, the destination host wasn't found.

I see, though, that everyone else was around. I did buy a blackboard, and write a thousand times that I wouldn't say bad things about Howie Mandel's show, but that didn't seem to help.
    Sorry, MissThing, but that was me. I booted you because, as you can see, I adore Howie.

But now that you have said your mea culpas you are free to roam about the site.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Question here -- has anyone else noticed delays of various lengths from when a post is made to when email notice arrives in your mailbox? I noticed one today that was over 4 hours delayed. The post on the board was timed 12:18p.m.; the email notification was 5:45p.m.

I've had another that was only about 30 minutes delayed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

E-mails are batched to ease server load, and sent during "slow times", so that may be the case.

OK, thanks. I may just go back to using my user control panel, only. It's more satisfying to me.

The server's been acting all wonky today. Server loads are just fine, and then spike for no reason. I just made a slight change to the settings, and I hope it'll be good again.

My apologies to anyone who's experienced problems throughout the day.

+ Reply to Thread