+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Thread

Hi John,

My PM capacity went from 3 to 500 tonight, I went from green to black and I can no longer post on some threads. I'm hoping this is bugginess.
    home at last

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I'm not sure if this is upgrade related or not, but lately the site has been acting strangely for me. For a few minutes it'll be fine, then for a few minutes it takes a very long time to load a page, read a post, etcetera... then the cycle repeats again. I don't think it's my connection, as it's only Fort that's affected, not any other sites.
    Same thing here also Leo.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Better now. Many thanks John.
    home at last

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I really don't know what that problem is, Snowy. Can you take a screenshot of it? Does changing color schemes help?
    I'll try changing the scheme, but just so you see what I mean, here's a screen shot of what I'm getting.

The thread just stops there, I can't scroll any down further. I know there's more posts, so in order to read the latest, I have to hit reply. It's totally random, so far as I can tell, and while not a huge deal, is a rather annoying.

ETA: Oops, no still happening with other color schemes. And it does seem recur in some threads in particular--like in the Arrested Development one!
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 12-13-2005 at 05:07 AM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowy, that's odd. To me it looks like your internet connection is giving up. Would it happen to be threads with a lot of pictures?

I came here to post this:

John, I love you! This really made my day (the "empty folder" function, if it's not clear. )
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

CCL
    Snowy - that's odd. One thing I notice is that you have the warning tab at the bottom (left-hand side). I had that for a day or two after the upgrade but now it has gone away again and I'm having no problems. I don't know if it's connected at all, though. Also, at the top, after the showthread.php? you have another p and then a string of numbers, the word post and then another string of numbers. Whereas I have a t=numbers&page=number. Don't know if that's because you are using firefox or something and I am on explorer, though I wouldn't think so.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-13-2005 at 05:06 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've noticed lately that when someone posts a link, it opens in the same window, rather than in a new window. Is there some way I can adjust this in my settings, or is it up to the person who did the link, or is it a glitch? I'd prefer if it opened in a new window so I don't lose the place I was at in the FORT threads.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I've noticed lately that when someone posts a link, it opens in the same window, rather than in a new window. Is there some way I can adjust this in my settings, or is it up to the person who did the link, or is it a glitch? I'd prefer if it opened in a new window so I don't lose the place I was at in the FORT threads.
    I liked it when it opened in a new window. The new window is great when you are in preview mode and you want to test the link and not lose your draft.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Is there some way I can adjust this in my settings....
    You can right click on the link and choose the option "Open in new window".

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    You can right click on the link and choose the option "Open in new window".
    Thanks Unk! (Ask and ye shall receive. )
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread