+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Re: POST of the Week!!

We don't often pick a post form the same forum two weeks in a row, but this literary examination by Nik proved too irresitable.

Congratualtions on a great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik
    I just wanted to start a thread to discuss Todd's strategy this week and how much he bungled it. To me, this was an incredibly stupid move by Todd. I think he likes to think of himself as a mastermind moreso than actually being one. His plan was more complicated and flashy than really being tricky/smart. Remember at the end of Huckleberry Finn when Tom Sawyer shows up and ruins an otherwise good novel? Jim could easily be saved (and Tom knew all along that his mistress had released him) but Tom decides to withhold that information and execute a convoluted, superfluous and cumbersome rescue plan that ends up making things more dangerous for all of them, and winds up getting one of the boys shot. What's my point? Little boys with elaborate fantasies are not the best at executing strategic adult plans. Leave that to the level headed adult who can do a quick cost-benefit analysis to protect your ammunition and your allies, and deliver the best blow to your enemy. An adult like Yul.

Todd could just have easily kept the HII and told James THEY (Todd's team) would throw the Immunity challenge and vote Sherea off. That way, James would still be safe, they would STILL lose someone from the opposing original tribe (which is exactly where they are now) and Todd would still have the HII. I wouldn't have even alerted James that there might be a second one. Now, instead of being in that exact position with the idol ammunition in tow, Todd has lost the HII and the one guy capable of blowing through every Individual Immunity challenge post-merge, will probably have TWO idols.STUPID, STUPID move on Todd's part! When exactly does he imagine they will get rid of James? A guy like James could win every competition until the end and it usually only requires one loss to boot him. Now James can save himself TWICE with the idols. He's making it to the end, and Todd should know Jean-Robert is James' ally. James is definitely not taking likable Todd with his multiple friends on the jury to the finals. Why should be? He'd be stupid to do that. No, he'll take disgusting Jean-Robert so he (James) can win with a unanimous vote.

If Todd really wanted to be elaborate (but productively so) he could have flipped Frosti as they easily did by sharing the HII secret with him, and then win the next challenge so the other team would get rid of James for him. That way, Todd would still have the majority votes post merge (with Frosti and perhaps even Sherea in tow - hello? Any superficial read of her shows she's not all that close/chummy with her original tribemates. She was the first one out had that team stayed together and lost an Immunity challenge), he would still have his HII and he would have gotten rid of the potential Individual Immunity Hog. Hell Aaron was already gone so the only other potential Individual Immunity threat would be Jean Robert (and just barely) and it would be VERY easy to get rid of him what with everyone hating him and all. Now it will be almost impossible since Jean Robert is aligned with James who could easily 1) give JR one of the idols should talk of booting him ever come up 2) win Immunity and give JR the Immunity necklace should talk of booting him come up, while threatening to use the HII if they try to boot James instead, forcing them to turn to another victim and hey, James won't even have to use his idol. Yes, if James finds the second idol, he could use the threat of it (as Yul did - a strategy that proves to be far more effective than playing the idol itself one time) to secure himself and JR for the long haul.

THAT'S how bad Todd's move was. Have we learned nothing from Mookie? NEVER give an idol away.

I am hereby nicknaming Todd as Todd Sawyer.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2631594
    "That's Numberwang!"

Congrats, Nik! I enjoyed your analogy to Tom Sawyer.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Nik

Oh wow, thanks guys!

Excellent post, Nik.

Premium Member

That was a great post, congrats Nik.

Great post, Nik! Congrats!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Congrats on a great post, Nik!!
    Wake up and be awesome

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Congratulations, Nik!

Terrific job, Nik! Congratulations!

Hey, awesome post! Congrats, Nik!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread