+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Re: POST of the Week!!

Congrats MomAt40Pls! Great post!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Nice post, Mom! Congrats!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

We've decided to go with the following post from Mozzz, for POTW this week.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    Personally, I didn't get the impression that Dick's verbal abuse was just 'gameplay' or 'strategy' that he would turn on when needed, I'd be curious as to the explanation for all the hours of backyard alone time when he would pace around swearing and name-calling when no one was in sight or within hearing distance. Just practicing? More like Tourette's, I'd say, heh. If anything, I might lean more towards his gameplay was turning it 'off', as I think otherwise his verbal diarrhea is always 'on'.

But I'll admit, I was definitely in the D&D camp with so many others for the longest time early in the season - well, until the week when everyone on the live feeds (and not just the AP, Eric) were heard coming out of the DR talking about how much the producers were pushing for ED to stay in and suddenly the votes swung in his favour, the season jumped the shark for me at that point, and this final two was easily predicted from there on out.

I find it amusing when people agree with D & D that "they" won it all. As far as I know, there's only going to be one $500k winner, and the reason I wouldn't mind it being Daniele is I do not see her sharing it with anyone, sorry Dick. And I wouldn't mind if Dick won, because Daniele's been acting like she's entitled to it. At least with both in the final two, I am quite sure one of 'em will secretly be disappointed, despite what they may say or anyone else thinks - they both want the $500k first place prize.

And I'm comfortable knowing that the next five days of gloating will only be to each other - although they should get along much better now knowing at the end they will be getting paid for spending this much time alone together, which must be just eating Daniele up inside - I don't get the impression she's still interested in pursuing a relationship with her father outside of the game.

And I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing anyone on the jury return for the finale (wow, I'd hate to be sequestered with that group!), though I would be curious to see how well Eric would've done had he not been the AP. At least he can take comfort knowing he earned almost as much as the second place finisher.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...poilers-6.html

Congratulations, mozzz
    "That's Numberwang!"

Excellent post, mozzz.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Congratulations mozzzzzzzer!

P.S. I miss you around here.

Excellent post, mozzz!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member

Nice job, mozzz.

Premium Member

Oh, snap. So I wasn't being punk'd after all?! Sweet!

But seriously, thanks guys - you all rock.

Awesome, Mozzz! I've been enjoying your posts for years.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

We decided the winner for this week is hikari, for this post in the The Biggest Loser forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    Due to working late on Tuesdays, I usually have to miss all but the weigh-in/elimination portions at the end. So I miss out, to a great degree, on the in-house drama that has preceded the weigh-in. I usually decide who is the biggest beyotch based on their recorded snippets to the camera, and the amount of crying/whining/backstabbing that goes on prior to the voting decisions. So I didn't have too many pre-conceived notions going into the elimination round. Still puzzling over how big Phil has 'the least body fat' and therefore be a good elimination prospect? It stands to reason that the more guys you retain, the better the team chances for winning a weigh-in. Biology is stacked against the women, 'cause it seems like no matter how hard they work, they cannot rack up double digit weight losses.

Really my only thoughts about Lezlye were pity that, on top of having survived Hurricane Katrina, she should be saddled with a name like "Lezlye" on top of it. But the fact that she knocked off a 55 pound loss on her own was major . . .that is the same as many of the women who are on the ranch til the finals.

What I call the "Biggest Loser" effect was in play again last night: To wit, any posted loss of less than 10 pounds being a big fat failure of will on the part of the contestant. ANYBODY who has attempted weight loss knows, especially for women, how slowly it comes off, even when you are doing everything right. But in the face of 27-freaking-pound losses in one week by some of the men, 5 pounds, by contrast, is 'failure'. Are you kidding me?? A 5-pound loss in a week would make anyone, man or woman, champ of his/her neighborhood Weight Watchers chapter. At least half of any first-time weight loss is going to be water; a 5-pound loss in subsequent weeks is probably pure fat, and so that is awesome! But in this climate of wildly inflated expectations (pun intended!) I think both the contestants and the viewers at home might lose perspective on just how hard it is to lose even 2 pounds in a week.

The people at the ranch ('scuse me, CAMPUS) have the privilege of focusing exclusively on working out. For those of us in the real world, and when they return, eventually, to the real world, 8-hour workouts are not an option. I know that huge weight loss numbers make for good TV, but it is no wonder that most of the former contestants, 2 and 3 years on have put back a lot of their weight--it came off extremely fast, under extreme conditions. Unless they could sustain 8-hour workouts every day (with a full time job and family, who could, and still get any sleep), they will not be able to maintain that insane pace of weight loss.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...-spoilers.html

Congratulations
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread