+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Re: POST of the Week!!

POTW goes to bananaface.

The thing that I find so maddening about Dick is he’s just so damn stubborn and irrational. He’s completely void of any rational thought and just refuses to see things from other people’s perspectives. You can’t have an intelligent debate with him. I wanted to like him at the start of the season, but I just can’t.

The turning point, for me, was during that POV competition in which Dick completely lost his cool because of Mike. Mike was not someone that was a huge threat to Dick. Jen and Kail were far more likely to go after him. But Dick has another one of his temper tantrums, loses his little pea brain, and evicts someone that could have been a loyal ally of his. Nick was someone that would have stayed loyal to Dick and Danielle. Mike was someone that has proven he’s a loyal guy and would have stayed loyal to Nick (and Dick/Danielle by proxy). Those are two very strong allies Dick could have had on his side if he had any foresight. But he blows that opportunity over what? Something as miniscule as Mike doing a little heckling?

I can tolerate slimeballs and liars like Eric, but the thing that drives me crazy are people that refuse to listen to reason and Dick is one of those people. Dr. Will was a huge douchebag that lied to people’s faces, lied behind their backs, and constantly talked trash about people in the diary room. But his most redeeming quality was that he was an extremely rational person. When he wanted someone to do something for him, he didn’t try and bully/intimidate them into doing it, because he knows that never works. He just talked to them in a rational manner. When someone gets one up on Will, he gives them their due. ( for example, when Janelle evicted him last season, he took it like a man and gave her his props).

Dick, on the other hand, is such a sore loser, that he would have pouted like a baby or “called her out” on her lie. Jen made a very smart strategical move this season in the POV competition in which Jameka won. Instead of giving Jen her kudos, he just pouted like a baby. Dustin’s alliance made a smart strategical move in keeping Eric. Once again, Dick pouts like a baby.

I honestly don’t see any difference between Dick and Cappy from season 6. Cappy was up front with people too. Cappy “called it like he saw it” too. Cappy was an emotional wreck too. Cappy was a bully and a control freak too. Cappy created "great TV" (if you're into Jerry Springer-like television) too. Yet the opinions on both players are so vastly different. There’s nothing that I can pinpoint about Cappy that I also couldn’t say about Dick as well. Is the reason Dick is getting support because he loves his daughter? Because I’m sure Cappy loves his wife and kids as well.

I don't know if you guys have ever been around someone like Dick, but it is extremely aggravating being around someone THAT hardheaded.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2526117

Congratulations
    "That's Numberwang!"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Congratulations bananaface!!

Great post!
    Wake up and be awesome

Way to go, bananaface!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Great post, bananaface!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Congratulations bananaface, for representing the anti-Evel Dick faction so well !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Congratulations, bananaface!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Congrats bananaface!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Great job bananaface!

The winner this week is MFWalkoff for a fantastic post on a hot topic over the past week in the BB forum.

Congratulations, MFW

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff
    There's still such a thing as Standards & Practices. And BB/CBS have their contracts worded so that they will step in when things get physical. They are supposed to step in when that happens.

Well, things got physical this week. Jen got physical with Dick, and Dick got physical with Jen. She slapped his hands away trying to grab his cigarette, and he burned her with that cigarette.

And what happened? Nothing. Jen got the penalty vote NOT for the altercation or for destroying Dick's cigarettes. She got it for eating while on slop. And Dick got...his cigarettes replaced.

If I was told upfront that these people will be allowed to be violent and abusive with each other, I'd say OK and probably not watch. But BB is sitting on their contracts, and doing nothing and hoping no one cares, and it's affecting the game. And this is a game we're watching. Someone said that the FCC doesn't consider BB a "game show" so it's not held to the same rules. I think that should change, and that's the place to lobby for it. Otherwise, BB will still keep moving the line between honesty and weaselry inch by inch, hoping that there won't be an outcry when they keep dropping the ball if they think it might bring more viewers.

I'm getting tired of this modern idea that reality shows and Springer-type talk shows have put in society's head, that honesty shouldn't be a person's default position, and that the only way to get what you want is to destroy anything in your way with no remorse. It's finding its way in 'normal' people's day-to-day behavior, and there isn't even a prize or any cameras around for them. But that's a whole other thread I guess...
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...men-bb8-3.html
    "That's Numberwang!"

Nice post and I agree with everything there.
    Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread