+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Re: POST of the Week!!

Congrats Ariel! I'm leaning towards Bevin a bit more than I did. Great post!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I think I've skipped a few days. Stupid Survivor finale. Sorry about that, everyone, but this week we've got a great post by memorylane in the Bachelor forum:

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane
    The show seems more condensed then ever before and I put that down to editing. I don't feel as if I know Andy very well from what I've seen.

I also felt that Amber's departure was heartbreaking but she will be glad in the long run that she got away.

I felt absolutely nothing between him and Danielle and am not sure why he picked her.

As for Tessa...I simply don't know what to think and that's probably where things should stand at this early stage of the relationship. They hardly know one another and that's also why Bevin and her family were far to into the whole thing and it seemed rehearsed. It's like Bevin spoke to her family and told them that this is the guy...help me out here...I don't want to let him get away.

Something just didn't ring true.

Andy DID tell Amber that age didn't matter and nothing that Amber did made her look less mature than the constantly emotional and needy Bevin behavior and the clinginess that she has shown Andy.

I wish that I knew what he was really thinking but he is very military precise and regimented and I think that he does everything by the book and that falling in love comes under that same category.

Become Doctor...check
    Naval career...check
    Find wife...check
    Have kids..check

It all seems so cold and planned.

He seems like a man who does care about their feelings but only on a superfical level and how they fit into his preconceived picture of his own life.

As I said before...something is missing and it would be nice if the psychic could read HIM instead of Danielle. It would be a lot more revealing.

Sometimes I feel like he is robotic and by the book and not at all spontaneous.

Just bcause a girl is younger doesn't mean that she is immature and he judged Amber unfairly in my opinion. We must not have seen something between them that he saw. The show is shorter and more condensed then the previous seasons (probably due to falling ratings), but it doesn't seem complete.

Remember when they used to visit the Bachelor's family? That doesn't show in the previews.

Amber's departure was so sad and so damaging to her that I would like to see the show when the woman speak to see if she's really okay. I have heard that they won't be having one. Maybe they couldn't get the girls and Andy to agree to do that type of show this season?

Somehow I have a feeling that I won't be happy with the final rose ceremony but I will try to keep the Cinderella dream alive, at least until they announce that they have split up. If he choses Danielle this would be the sneakiest editing job ever because I have seen NO chemistry between them at all and not much alone time either. It would come out of left field. I can see him telling Tessa that she just couldn't assure him that she was ready to commit to him so bye bye Tessa and hello Bevin.

Any bets that Bevin professes her love for him on her final date? I am betting that she will and that she will join him in the fantasy suite with bells on.

I'm glad that tonight's show is over...it left me me with lots of mixed feelings and some sadness at seeing someone so broken hearted.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2375613

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Yay memorylane!! Congratulations! You will look great with that big blue ribbon next to your name.

Great post! I can't wait until we know for sure what happens with this season of the Bachelor!
    Wake up and be awesome

Congratulations, memorylane. Your post helps remind us that this is a show that is produced, directed and edited up the kazoo. It's terrific to see the blue ribbon next to your name.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Thank you John and everyone else.

I see many, many fantastic posts on this site and to be chosen as the Post Of The Week is really a nice honor.

I LOVE this place and even though I've only been here a short time, I feel like it's already home!!!

The high standards and kindness afforded to ALL of those who post here is truly an Internet phenomenon!!

See you all tonight for latest episode of The Bachelor.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

memorylane, congratulations on an excellent post and much I agree with. You emphasized some angles that I had put on the backburner and really boiled down Andy very astutely. I just read your latest post in the Bachelor forum in the Spoiler thread and it could be nominated for Post of the Week, Part 2!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Congratulations memorylane ! Great post and excellent observations !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'd like to congratulate TNKY for winning Post of the Week this week, for a great post in the American Idol forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY
    A little late but I'll add some comments:

The worst vocal prize of the night goes to Bette Midler who made us want to fly so far away from our TV. Her vocals were just off. If that's what she's going to sound like in Vegas, I'll stay at the slot machine. Just terrible.

Second worst vocal prize goes to Kelly Clarkson and her attempt to be "ticked off". There's been rumors that she's been partying, drinking, and smoking cigs pretty hard backstage on her concerts (gotta love the gossip websites) and after seeing hearing her shreiky, raspy, off key scream fest that was Never Again, I would believe it. I never again want to hear her sing that song in that manner. Please leave the rock to Chris Daughtry. He outshines her in every way when it comes to rock vocals.

Third worst vocal prize goes to Gwen Stefani. First off, that outfit was weird. It looked like one big Fed Ex package. Did anyone else wonder where that bow was supposed to go? Her singing left a lot to be desired and the song was boring. I know she's a great entertainer and unique, and I might upset some fans, but she really can't sing at all. Being a soloist just highlights the fact that her vocals aren't tight.

Carrie sounded awesome on I'll Stand By You. And I have to disagree that Gina sang it better. Gina really strained for some notes. Carrie hit all of them effortlessly.

It was nice seeing Taylor and Ruben again. Can't say I remember anything about their performances or vocals, but it's good to know they are still out there doing what they love.

Green Day doing John Lennon should have never happened. Odd to say the least.

The Golden Idols are just a waste of time. There is no point and it's just annoying. It's not an award show, don't hand out wannabee Oscars rewarding the biggest media whores at the auditions. The judges complain about the horrible joke auditions. Well if you don't want more of them, don't highlight them at the finale.

Having Sanjaya sing again was needless torture. Nice kid, not a good vocalist.

Talking about the finale, why didn't the finalists have more time singing? It's about celebrating the top 12, not hearing everyone who has ever come in contact with Idol sing again and again and again. For the top 12, the guys pretty much went out in the right order after hearing them sing again, except Sanjaya should have probably gone first but we all know why he stayed. For the girls, Stephanie really placed too low. Stephanie outsang both Gina and Haley, proving the she again was the superior vocalist to them. If we were going based on vocals last night, the two that should have been off the tour was Haley and Gina. I don't see them bringing much to the table. At least Sanjaya has his hair.

Clive's speech about Daughtry and Carrie was out of place. It was good in theory, but if you are going to brag about Daughtry, at least have him on stage so he can smile, thank the fans, do the PR thing. He was there on Tuesday so at least you could do a taped speech or something. It wasn't like he disappered off the face of the Earth. Carrie got her 6x platnium award, how about Taylor 1x or Chris Daughtry 2x. Would have tied it all together.

Blake and Doug E. Fresh, didn't understand a word either of them said. Beatboxing got old. If this is Blake's direction in music, he'll be doing backup tracks for Star Wars movies and Pepsi Jazz commercials soon. Sound effects isn't singing and won't bring in the sales.

Jordin won and sang a song that I can't remember. Good for her. I'm not so sure how winning what is regarded by critics as the worst AI season ever is going to do for her career. I don't see the buzz surrounding her win like others in the past. We will see.

I didn't read about the ratings yet, but I know the spark wasn't there for the finale. In the end, I really didn't care who won or much about the season in general. Blake and Jordin got contracts obviously. I see Melinda going gospel and getting a contract, Chris R. will probably get a pop/R&B contract and appeal to the MTV crowd, Phil will go country and get signed to Bucky's and Josh's label Lyric Street Records probably. Sanjaya will probably do correspondent/acting work. The rest I have a feeling will fade into obscurity. I don't think we have to wait until after the tour for it to happen. Most people can't remember the bottom half of the top 12 now. I also have a feeling that tour tickets will be easy to come by and there won't be too many sold out arenas. The lineup isn't that exciting and I personally have no interest in seeing the places 10 to 7 perform ever again.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2418514

Congratulations, TNKY!! I loved the comment about Gwen Stefani's outfit looking like a FedEx package.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Well done, TNKY!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread