+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

FORT Fanatic

Re: POST of the Week!!

John & all: Thanks very much!

Congratulations, dpiranha! Excellent post.

Great post, dpiranha ... and a well deserveed recognition !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'd like to announce our newest Post of the Week, from the Dancing with the Stars forum. Congratulations to dancingforfun for a well-written post!

Quote Originally Posted by dancingforfun;2345103;
    I really really hope that clip was an "accident" and she is not bullying him around. I dont know what she has to be upset about. They (the professional dancers not only Karina) are not the competitors of the show! The celebrities are. They get paid to teach them the dances and help them progress in the competition. I dont underestimate their contribution and everything but they should relax a little bit with their ambitions.

Billy Ray seems very humble and insecure anyway. He is not the best dancer out there but I dont know many people who could go and try what he does in front of millions LIVE! And the show would have been really boring if the celebrities were all accomplished dancers. Isnt the purpose of the show to see them progress week after week? I am a teacher myself (not a dance teachers) and I know that some people work better with negative feedback and some with positive feedback. To me Karina doesnt seem to be able to make that distinction. I havent seen many scenes that she gives him positive feedback but that can be just editing. But I have seen positive feedback given to the other dancers during rehearsals. A good teacher must be flexible to adapt his/her teaching approaches according to the personality of the student.

Billy Ray has that kind of personality who achieves better if you tell him "that is great, perfect, let's try this one a little more to make it equally good". Apollo has a different personality and you can see how better he progress when his instructor points out all the little details that are going wrong. So as Laila. They are athletes and have a very different mentality. Artists like Billy Ray is are usually very insecure regarding their performance abilities, especially when outside of their familiar waters.

As for the judges I like it that they are strict because that makes the show interesting and maintains a certain quality and standards to the show. JMO
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2345103

Congratulations, dancingforfun!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Nice post, dancingforfun. Congratulations!

Great post, dancingforfun!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Congratulations, dancingforfun!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Good work, dancingforfun! Keep up the good posts (no pressure, though )
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Time for another Post of the Week! This week brings us a great pro-Bevin post from The Bachelor, by Arielflies. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    In defense of Bevin. I expect I am one of the very, very few on this board who think this show is the beginning of the Bevin redemption.

From reading the show thread before I watched, my heart sank. Why, oh why would Fleis weave in a piece from last week's RC to further smear her edit. Does he hate her? No, he doesn't - at least not as much. Tonight was a show about insecurities both for Bevin and for Tessa. Last week, the show was about reassuring both women.

Tessa's insecurities arise from her doubts, while Bevin's arise from fear. All along Fleiss has shown bits where she spouts her age. This show was about comparing herself to younger women and feeling she comes up short. How could Andy like me if he is really interested in someone who is 23? In the second episode, they threw in a piece where Bevin tells Andy that she is ready to settle down, that she has had her single life experiences. In the third and fourth episodes she is worried that she can't compete with any of the girls. This episode they show her in a head to head with Amber about who would be the most ready to marry - her at 28 or Amber at 23. Her insecurity is her fear that once again she can't compete so she lashes out at Amber. She also fears Andy's reaction if she can't tell him about the divorce and soon.

The playyard date was a very pleasant surprise. She discovered that she could enjoy the date and the day. It was so good to see her laugh and be free with the children. During the post show clip, though, her competivness rose to the top again as she went all out to win the tricycle race.

The yacht date was played up by Fleiss to capture the jealousies, etc. Yes, maybe she shouldn't have tempted him with an activity, but darn, he enjoyed it.

The RC showed her fear once again when Andy complimented her dress and she was surprised, because she felt it was too casual compared to the others. I think the director or producers pointed her and Amber to the closed door, because they ask, "Is this it?" Both of them were nervous to be in there and I don't think they stayed very long. It was a DRAMA set-up. Her joy at receiving the first rose came from validation that maybe there was a chance with Andy.

The previews, of course, don't show the real fallout from her disclosure and we'll have to wait. I think that he appreciates that she is one of the two who are left who are open to affection. And then the sizzle is still there.

Say what you want...I know he truly feels an emotional connection with Tessa, but that is being sorely tested by Tessa, herself. Whether Tessa can complete him or Bevin, we'll have to wait on Andy.

Redemption: She is the one that is being brought along slowly - not Tessa or Danielle. *ducking once again*
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2360410

+ Reply to Thread