+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Congrats kyrjar !
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Nice post, kyrjar, not only in content, but such a friendly tone ! Well deserved and Congratulations !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Good job. Congrats!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I noticed this blue ribbon by my name in my last post and found this. What a great idea!

I love this site because it has such an intelligent discussion and the mods carefully weed out the garbage and nasty stuff while leaving in general differences of opinion. I love the encouragement for people to provide thoughtful comments.

Thank you for the compliment. It actually means alot.

It's time for a new post of the week! Please join me in congratulating stickle for this post in the American Idol forum:

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2256547;
    I think you guys are reading far too much into the situation, conjuring up great conspiracies where none exist. Of course the judges and producers manipulate situations sometimes. They're not putting on this show just out of the goodness of their hearts, trying to provide some cute entertainment for the viewers. The higher the ratings, the more money they make so naturally they're looking for people that they can put a story to, that will hold the viewer's interest.

They want lots of backstory and current story to get the viewers and voters involved. As for picking the best singers or the best looking people, everyone's opinion on what's good is completely different and subjective. I mean, just read any fan forum including this one. One poster loves someone, the next hates them. There's no way they can pick and choose 40 or 24 people whom everyone is going to agree is wonderful or is just the 'filler' you refer to. They pick 24 who are going to be relatively interesting on tv, they throw the spaghetti against the wall and see who ends up sticking.

Each of the judges have their favorites, just like the viewers all have their favorites. Simon in particular has such a vested interest in the success of the winners after the show, gets such a big cut of the records they put out, it's just common sense he'd use his proven music business acumen to promote certain contestants over others because he thinks they'll sell more records. I don't think it's any deep dark plot at all, just some very rich people trying to use a proven formula to get richer.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2256547

Congratulations, stickle!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Congrats, stickle! Great post.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Congratulations, stickle ! What an excellent encapsulation of your observations about years of buzz about AI manipulation, conspiracy, et al.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Way to go, stickle!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Good job, stickle.

Interesting post, stickle. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread