+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Great post lildago! Very deserving.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    A beautiful post lildago. Very much deserving of the ribbon!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

We have a new Poster of the Week! Congratulations to Hikari, for a great post in the Apprentice forum!

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...37#post1699837

Wow. Last night was something else. The task was one of the most boring ever, but when again will we get to see the Hair striding down the hallway to the Apprentice suite? Methinks R & R were forewarned of Trump's arrival--when the door opened, they appeared to be pressed up against the far wall in fear!

Even though the stunt firings have grown so common that I should be used to them, I was still very surprised when Alla got the boot. First, 'cause I thought for sure it'd be a Randall-Alla showdown--Alla has been painted as such a favorite, despite crass behavior long before tonight. The woman is hands down one of ugliest women candidates ever . . .her beady eyes and long face give her a serpent-like aspect--something her personality only enhances.

On the one hand, I understand what Alla's had to go through to get where she is, emigrating from Russia & living a hard-knock life and all. On the other, I wish she weren't quite such the stereotype of the amoral, calculating & materialistic Russian woman. Not to disparage all of Russian heritage, but there is a reason why women from the former Soviet republics have such a negative rep as opportunistic gold-diggers--why else would whole episodes of Law & Order be devoted to this phenomenon?

The irony is that Alla is probably most like Trump of any candidates to date in her single-minded dedication to self-promotion & material success. If Trump had been born a Russian female, he could very well have been Alla. The girl is hungry . . .and focused. She is not afraid to work hard, and she obviously has a high opinion of herself as a babe despite looks that are below average. All qualities which Trump shares. I think, however, being confronted with himself in female form, with a meglomania & ruthlessness equal to his own was too uncomfortable for Trump. Personal resemblance aside, Trump's decision was correct--Alla is a bully who believes herself superior to all others, making her unmalleable & therefore very unlikely to be manageable by others. As the Apprentice is very much a subordinate position in the organization, this was a fatal flaw. Alla's temperament makes her a poor fit for the corporate structure, but those same qualities make her excel as an independent entrepreneur. She has found a good niche as her own boss & should stay there.

I would have loved to see an Alla-Bill Rancic final, dearly. The girl would have chewed Bill up and spit him out! Our boy Bill looks like he hasn't had a bowel movement in ages . . .but he's always looked that way. It's always a let-down when my peep George is absent, but to Bill's credit, he's not shy about piping up in the BR.

Definitely disappointed they are cutting the interviews this year. That was always an entertaining episode. I wanted to see Alla steamroll over the execs with her slightly butchered English & hooker attire & watch them roll their eyes.

Did you get a load of Alla's faux fur jacket & strappy stillettos? Certainly NOT business attire, in any legitimate business anyhoo. Just proves that you can take the girl out of the strip club, but you can't take the strip club out of the girl. For all Alla's striving, she is still, and will probably always remain a white-trash pimp-daddy's moll.

One last note on Rebecca: a few episodes ago, I commented on how she reminded me of Kristen Davis. In that particular BR she did, but last night she bore a much closer resemblance to Sandra Bullock. It's a miracle she's survived. She will not win, but I think that Trump will offer her a job, too. He seems to have a soft spot for quirky looking brunettes, after all. And R. seems like a genuinely together person of integrity--stunning for only 23, despite her other weaknesses.

Congratulations, Hikari! Great post.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Way to go Hikari.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Congrats, Hikari!

Great job, Hikari!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Great post! This part made me laugh out loud:

Did you get a load of Alla's faux fur jacket & strappy stillettos? Certainly NOT business attire, in any legitimate business anyhoo. Just proves that you can take the girl out of the strip club, but you can't take the strip club out of the girl.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Congratulations, Hikari! That was a very intriguing, humorous post. You piqued my interest, and I don't even watch that show.

Congratulations, Hikari. What a wonderful post.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread