+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Congratulations Omar!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Congratulations!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Congratulations Omar_X, I enjoyed reading your post!

Omar, great job! You should post more often.

It's Saturday, and time for our newest Post of the Week announcement. This week, it's Qboots, and it's in the Unan1mous forum (a show I really like so far, why aren't you watching it?). Congrats, Qboots!

Loved it! This show is right up my alley. Only complaint: it should be an hour long. Big Brother is on 3 nights a week, plus all the live feeds you can stomach. Half the fun is watching the cliques form, and all the snarking that ensues. Surely they could have given us another 30 minutes of the interaction between the contestants.

Whoever set the rules had their thinking cap on. Can’t vote for yourself, evictions based on anonymous secrets, evictees remain in the bunker, the dwindling prize money. It’s genius.

I would have no problem handling the isolation from the outside world or the lack of clocks. And I like that “futuristic” female voice that tells them when to eat, sleep, etc. My biggest problems would be dealing with the abrasive personalities, and the heat. If they turn it down – fine. But if they crank it up – I’d find it unbearable.

I think it’s pretty standard these days for reality show contracts to forbid the sharing of prize money. This whole process would be pointless if “sharing” deals could be struck. And it’s also pretty standard for the contestants to undergo some psychiatric evaluation, and for their personal belongings to be searched/limited before the show begins. If I was a contestant, I would automatically dismiss the mental institution secret and the live ammo secret. Anybody who declares bankruptcy when they’re fairly well off would get my vote to leave.

Jonathon came up with 3 lies pretty quickly. 1 - he’s on medication, 2 - he has testicular cancer, 3 - his father is going into debt to pay for his surgery. The main problem with lying is that you have to remember everything you said. What if someone asks to see his meds? He better not come up with too many more untruths, or he’s bound to trip himself up.

I wonder what will be the motivation to remain in the bunker after you’ve been eliminated from the game. Why not just leave and thereby decrease the money by half? Unless you’ve bonded with someone and want to stay and help them win the pot. Or unless you really hate someone and want to stay and block them from winning.

And I really didn’t get an “actor” vibe from any of these folks. If this show turns out to be fake, I will be really pissed. I may just burn down FOX studios.

P.S. - I hate the minister.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...70#post1836070

I was annoyed that I'd missed that show when it was on. I'm hoping to catch the future episodes.

Anyway, congrats, Qboots! I'm often a big fan of your posts. Great job.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Congrats, Qboots! Great post, as always!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Great post, QBoots! I always enjoy reading your take on things. Congratulations!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Yay, QBoots! Congrats to our resident on-the-fly Lost recapper, who always has something interesting to add to the conversation. I'm glad to see you as POTW.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Congrats, Qboots!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread