+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Froggy- I have one lengthy comment to make about your eloquent post..........BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAA AAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!HAAAAAAAAHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA!

Post note- I am laughing to freakin hard to make a coherent comment (this is what happens to me when I laugh too hard- I become incapacitated!
    Go Tigers!

Congrats, Ms. Froggy you know I love each and every one of your posts, but this one was fabulous! (and you know I couldn't agree with it more!)

WOOOT MSFROGGY!!! So happy for you!! Great choice John!

Very well-deserved, MsFroggy! Congratulations!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    Good job, MsFroggy! It's nice that they actually hand out awards for commentary on such silly shows.
    Yeah. And the post was Frog-a-rific!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Thanks everyone! You all make me . And I never !
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Great job, MsFroggy! Your posts are always witty.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

What's kind of funny is that if you walk across the room so things are a bit blurry and look at the little ribbon graphic, it almost looks more like when Kermit the Frog went blue than a ribbon:
    vs.

See? The flanges on the bottom of the ribbon look like Kermie's neck ruff and the shape of the top is kind of an oval like his head!

So I thought it was interesting that Ms. Froggy won!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    What's kind of funny is that if you walk across the room so things are a bit blurry and look at the little ribbon graphic, it almost looks more like when Kermit the Frog went blue than a ribbon:
    http://216.69.182.87/images/blue_ribbon_icon.jpg vs. http://www.darksquirrel.com/lion/assets/kermit_blue.jpg

See? The flanges on the bottom of the ribbon look like Kermie's neck ruff and the shape of the top is kind of an oval like his head!

So I thought it was interesting that Ms. Froggy won!
    It's a *gasp* conspiracy!! I love me a good conspiracy!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

This week's Post of the Week brings us to the finale of Project Runway, and what a fitting way to close out the show. Congratulations to applesauce for a wonderful wrap-up!

I came on the board last night to post but left because I was so frustrated to see some of the immature random posts of people who aren't a regular part of this board. I'm all for the valuable contributions of new members who come in to make intelligent commentary. Thanks to hepcat for stepping in to keep things on track.

I could easily pick apart each designer's collection and walk away with some beautifully designed and constructed garments and some garments that I really do not like at all. But the winner wasn't selected based on what I like or dislike. They had to look at various factors. I think we could each pull apart the designer's we don't like and put the one we really like on a pedestal.

Daniel was one of my favorites throughout the entire season and even though I loved several individual pieces of his collection, I was really less than thrilled with it as a whole. To me it seemed very disjointed and I completely agree with MK about the "patch" with the tassle on the front of the brown dress, very distracting. I will admit that I liked a lot of the design details that he did use such as that collar on the white dress/coat. Very beautiful. As much as I hoped he would pull through and win the final challenge, I don't think he deserved it. Do I think he will grow into an incredible designer that we all know and love in the future. Absolutely. He'll be back.

Santino created a very beautiful collection with some amazing fabrication and beautiful detail. I really loved his work. True, I don't feel it reflected his usual "flair" but nonetheless, felt he had pulled this collection from deep within. He definitely stayed true to his vision for the collection. Maybe some think it was a bit boring but it was definitely elegant. I think the models felt very beautiful wearing his designs. The fit issue mentioned by the judges jumped right out at me as well. The dresses just didn't seem quite right in the bust area.

I was really worried about Chloe's collection but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the whole group of dresses. All I had seen previously was the pouffy dresses which concerned me. However, she actually had several really beautiful designs. There was a comment earlier about seamlines. I always notice seamlines and darting on garments. If a dart doesn't point to the right area of the bust, it really bothers me. A well placed and shaped seamline or styleline can make a woman look far more curvy, feminine or slimmer depending on what the designer is going after. Chloe understands that. MK and the others noticed that because it's their business to notice good garment construction as well as details and whether or not those details help make a strong statement or detract from the wearer/garment. It's their business and that's what they do.

I just want to say congratulations to Chloe. She had the right package of what the judges were looking for, therefore she won. I think all three of them are good designers, each with their own point of view. That point of view doesn't have to be "my" point of view to make them a good designer or a "winner" for Project Runway. I think they will all do well in their own particular market and category.

I do feel the end was a bit anti-climatic. I felt very underwhelmed at the final judging. I wish there was a way to build that up a bit more or have all the other designers there to create a bit of drama. Even so, I can't wait to see the next crop of designers on PR3.

Just my opinion.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...65#post1816565

+ Reply to Thread