+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Great post dpiranha! That was an excellent recap.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Extremely funny post, dpiranha. Great job.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Oh, I loved that recap!! Congrats!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    great job, dpiranha

not only a well done recap of the performances (which I agreed with completely), but a great job slamming Randy and Paula for being blatantly off-base.

FORT Fanatic
    Thanks to everyone, but I have to sheepishly admit something. I wasn't aware of the Post Of The Week competition at all until I read the forums last night and noticed the blue ribbon next to my name. My first reaction was "Funny, I don't remember setting up a FoRT avatar."

As a long-time music fan, amateur musician, and (back in my younger days) DJ and music reviewer, I enjoy having the chance to post AI reviews here on FoRT, where the readership is a clean step above that of the other AI boards on the Net. Every reviewer will tell you: it's easier to write a review of a bad performance than of a good one. Last week's AI guys made things really simple.

Anyway, thanks very much for the honor! - dp

It's Saturday, and time for the newest Poster of the Week. This week we'll take a last look in the Bachelor forum, and we've found a great one by MsFroggy. Congratulations!

Since I never expected Travis to get engaged out of this show, let alone to Sarah, I'm not surprised by the outcome. Moana should have never done this show simply because the deck was stacked too heavily against, pardon the expression, an honest love "connection".
    Of course, that's not a surprise to a long time watcher and cynic like me, but I see how someone like her could have gone from skeptic to believer under what are essentially, false pretenses.

Did they know he got paid, that he got concessions in his contract, that he had to be talked into doing the show? I'd bet anything that none of the 25 girls knew any of that till after the show.

The fact that they had to talk this guy into doing the show was the absolute #1 fatal mistake. If you have to talk someone into doing this crap, you're half way to failure. They at least have to be willing famehos, if nothing else.

The fact that they had to pay him (I have no doubt he got paid) was horrible mistake #2. Do not pay these idiots a dime, beyond what is minimally mandated by union rules. Pay means it's a job!!! Duh!!

The fact that they offered him ridiculous concessions about how he will be portrayed was horrible mistake #3. Do not allow the monkeys to rule the zoo. Fleiss is the boss and like him or not, he should be free to do what he wants with his own show, once you sign on the dotted line. If the monkeys want to look good, they should stay at home and spare us their exhalted presence. This particular monkey was so scared he'd come off "badly" that he instead came off like a cardboard cutout who walked around with expressions painted on his flat mug.

The fact that they tried to rig the whole thing by sneaking in a conveniently local woman was horrible mistake #4. Spare us the patronizing next time, if you really want us to buy the romance. Everyone was skeptical because it was just a bit too coincidental, too "perfect" to be the real deal. There were others before who hailed from the same place, or close enough, but this time it just reeked of something different and lots of people sniffed the stench.

And last but not least, stupendous mistake #5 was the location. Paris? Could have been Ulan Bator for all we noticed. French culture? Where? This was the flamboyant stroke that ruined the canvas. Since holding the shindig in New York with Jen didn't work, what made them think that "upgrading" to another sophisticated cosmopolitan city would somehow be better? Trista fell in love in the stupid Malibu mansion, and so did Byron and Meredith. Charlie was a local New Yorker, so he's a fluke because that was his backyard, he belonged. See a pattern? Stick to the beach!
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...80#post1805080

Congratulations, MsFroggy!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

OMG! Saw the ribbon, and I was like "Yay!". I might just print it out and wear it as a pin around the house for a the entire week!

Thanks!!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Just look what another season of The Bachelor has brought us. And, nobody is more deserving than MsFroggy! Congratulations.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    OMG! Saw the ribbon, and I was like "Yay!". I might just print it out and wear it as a pin around the house for a the entire week!

Thanks!!
    Good job, MsFroggy! It's nice that they actually hand out awards for commentary on such silly shows.

+ Reply to Thread