+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Ahh....what can I say Randal?

I never thought I'd become crazy about you but I'm done. I'm a smitten kitten.

Congratulations!! Your our guy
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Snapit

Congratulations to you, King of The Bachelors!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Randall ! Kudos !

Well deserved ! Very well deserved !
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Thank you all for the recognition!!! I didn't even know about this thread until Suncat7 pointed it out to me just now...and I thought perhaps the blue ribbon was mod-speak for "Account Marked for Deletion."

FORT Fogey
    CONGRATULATIONS, RandalR -- YOU RANDALROCK!!!!

(And your av's fun to look at, too!!!)

congrats RandalR
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Great post, Randal! You actually make me want to watch the show and that's saying a lot!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

It's Saturday, and time again for the Post of the Week. This week, we venture again into the Bachelor abyss, and pull out a gem from Krom. If this post didn't get it, he should get it just for the Mr. T avatar. I pity da fool who doesn't like this post!

CYNICISM ALERT:

Man. All this speculation based on perceptions of "looks" and hugs is killing me. No disrespect intended, but seriously, I'm seeing something totally different here.

That stuff is subjective. It's hardly a science and these are still pictures--where not a lot of information is delivered.

As much as I hate the traditions of this show --the side people stand on, the order they show them in, the possible placement or non-placement of roses, those are more factual than being completely "eye of the beholder".

Added to this whole mix--this distrust of analyzing fleeting subjectivity--is a deeper mistrust of this show and the people who go on it. A lot of the logic spewed is based on the assumption that good ol' Doc Opie has actually fallen in love, instead of him simply trying to fulfill the obligations of a contract he signed. Sure, that's cynical, but in the absence of ANY single candidate who he appears to value so clearly that his passion (or devotion) is clear, and given the history of men on this show, is it really TOO cynical? Probably not.

My hard-bitten personality analysis? He either picks physical attraction and possible easier sex, for the short haul (Moana), or he picks the bland nice hometown girl to impress his friends and family, again in the short term (Sarah). Neither involves very deep feelings--they simply fulfill different temporary goals on his way off and out of a show which, assuming he was ever serious, might not have fulfilled the expectations HE had, other than a nice fancy prolonged vacation and girls hanging all over him.

Anyway, I'm just saying the reactions being seen might simply be a total other set than any love-related ones. He could seem to be comfortable with Sarah, simply because she's easier to deal with. Alternately, he could be holding Moana a bit differently, simply because he doesn't want to appear to be a total horndog. Who knows? At least not until 2 weeks from now, and possibly not at all until it's announced a few weeks later that he and Girl X have already been seen dating other people.

CYNICISM ALERT NOW OVER.

Whew. Man that final rose room sure looks pretty!
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...46#post1779146

Congrats Krom! That is a great post.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Brilliant post, Krom. You're someone that I'm always either in complete accord with or on the other side of the spectrum from, depending on the topic. However, I do always find your posts interesting, amusing, and insightful, even if I'm in complete disagreement. Great job.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread