+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Excellent job, yourefired.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

It's Saturday, and time for another Post of the Week. This week finds us in the Project Runway forum, where there are a ton of great prospects. We've chosen Closet Fan, because of this wonderfully-expressed work of art:

I'd say Daniel is clearly a favorite, but I don't think they've already decided he's the winner -- it depends on the collections. Remember, while there is some overlap, the skill sets for doing a successful design on the program are not exactly the same as those required to develop a cohesive, innovative collection. Tim said Daniel F. had one of the best portfolios of the bunch, but his workmanship and his portfolio wasn't really reflected in what he did in the show, I think. The skills that seem to cause success while designing on the program, thinking quick, designing quickly, shopping quick and smartly, dealing well within a small budget, sewing well quickly, and making *one* outfit the judges really like, well, they really aren't as relevant when having several months to design a collection of ten outfits. To design a whole collection requires a lot more planning and strategy, a lot more coordination, you've got to put a lot more effort into creating a wow effect, the expectations are much higher.

Now I like Daniel, and I think his designs are good, and I admit there have been quite a few limitations in terms of time and budget, as well as the fact that he's seemed to have improved his confidence and his work product over the course of the show, but his designs have been rather simplistic (a la Chloe) and have been rather narrow in range, if you think about it. Everything has basically the same silhouette, fitted short dress, with a few minor variations on the bodice. Even his lingerie design and skating costume were just the same silhouette basically, dresses with the skirt eliminated. I didn't like but one thing Andrae did, but he showed more range in terms of what he tried, heck, you could say the same thing for Santino. Even the Queen of Aquamarine has shown more of a range in terms of her design, if not in color.

The other thing to consider is that if other designers are comparatively weaker at the skills that make one successful in challenges on the show, many of those challenges, budget, time, etc., will be removed for the Fashion Week show. Not to mention last season in detail, just as an example, although he did reasonably well and obviously made the final three, Jay wasn't as successful at the skills for winning challenges as some of the other designers, but he clearly had a lot stronger and more cohesive vision when he actually had adequate time and budget. If Santino were to make the final three, he could get around his poor construction skills by hiring someone to do it for him. If you go back and look at what the designers produced for the first show, Nick had an absolutely gorgeous gown, an outfit that far outdoes most of what he's actually done *on* the show, not that I think a lot of those outfits were too shabby, either.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...67#post1764667

Congratulations, Closet Fan! I guess that's the end of the closet for you, though.

Congratulations, Closet Fan! Write on!!!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Great post, Closet Fan!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Congratulations, closetfan!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Great job, ClosetFan!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Congratulations for a wonderful post.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Excellent job, Closet Fan!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Congrats, closetfan!

Great job, Closet Fan!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread