+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: POST of the Week!!

Again, I'm running WAY late on announcing another poster of the week, and that's all my fault

Our latest POTW winner is yourefired, with a post from Dancing With The Stars 2:

I fell asleep and didn't catch the results sho, so I popped in here to see what happened. Sounds like it wasn't a great show anyway, and I did find out what I needed to know so thanks for that.

I wanted to share my opinions:

First off, I'm not at all surprised P is staying. While I in no means think he should be there now, I will give him the credit for at least trying this week. He actually did make an attempt this week, which is more than he's done in the past. While he is the weakest of the 10 celebrities, he does deserve credit for finally stepping up to the plate and swinging rather than just watching the pitches fly into the catcher's mit.

P is the subject of a lot of controversy, which is good for ratings. He's also been the product of a lot of outside fodder. For example, the women on the View were talking about him last Friday. Elizabeth even had on a shirt that said Vote For P. Her reasoning was that people like Drew and the wrestler had some dance training in the past whereas P is a true novice. She said she felt like those who had training had a leg up which shouldn't be in this type of competition. I guess she wants a skating with celebrities type level ground or something.

Anyway, people hear that and maybe some agree with her and vote for him. Master P also gets respect for stepping in for his injured son at the last minute. And some people vote for him because of that. Others are actual fans, although it is hard to imagine Master P fans actually watching ballroom dancing and getting enough interest to vote. But then again, I loved Joey McIntyre and chose to watch in the summer because of it. And I thought ballroom dancing was a step up from watching paint dry. So who knows.

At any rate, celebs like Kenny and Giselle don't have a huge fanbase. I don't think any Sports Center fans tuned in just because they love Kenny and his reports. They're bound to be the first to go because of a lack of a bona fide fan base. They may be good, but that only goes so far when Drew is riding the coattails of his 98 Degrees fame (and the presence of his oh so hot brother in the audience every other week).

Finally, everyone is talking about how bad George is. I think he'd be a lot better if he wasn't injured. And at least he's giving it his all. So I give him respect for that.

I don't think P is going to turn into Kelly. He doesn't have that kind of fan base supporting him. I just think he has more than a few other celebrities, and that does make a difference in a competition like this.

Just my 2 cents.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...54#post1745354

Congratulations!

Congratulations on post of the week yourfired.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Congrats yourefired!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Great post! Congratulations!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Congrats, yourfired!

FORT Fogey
    CONGRATULATIONS, yourfired!!!

Congratulations, yourefired!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Congratulations yourfired!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Congrats, yourefired!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Way to go, yourefired!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread