+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 303 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Hello all!

Hi! I've been browsing the boards for a while and finally decided to register. I'm excited about taking part. Now to borrow from Leo, here's a little about myself.

Name: Melanie
    Favorite TV show: The Amazing Race
    Hobbies: spending time with my sons, Disney, traveling, reality TV (duh!), the internet

Look forward to some good info and conversation here. Thanks for having me!

Can I Play Too?

I found out about this site through The Manly Man's reality TV reviews, and since I think he's very smart and funny I figured that you all would be too. So far it seems that I was right!

About me:
    Born and raised in Albuquerque, NM
    Old enough to remember HR Puffenstuff
    Mom of 4 (two are steps)
    Counselor - director of Crisis Center in New Mexico
    Avid reader, film buff, theater-goer
    Also work as a "Simulated Patient" at a medical school (VERY fun job. Yes, like Kramer on Seinfeld. Sort-of.)
    Tap Dancer
    Widowed when I was 28, remarried now
    Kidney donor
    Favorite TV shows - Survivor, ER, Seinfeld, Northern Exposure, MASH, Friends, SCRUBS.

I have tried to only be addicted to one reality show - Survivor, but I'm getting hooked on Amazing Race and I think I will like the Mole. I saw the first episode of Joe Millionaire, but it made me feel icky. I'll probably watch it anyway - like a car wreck you can't look away from...

[/I]

My favorite psycho: FatalAttraction's Avatar
    Hi Everyone!!

I found this site when searching for an update on the "Joe Millionaire" first episode which I sadly missed!! I found the info I needed and a great new site that I think I'll spend a lot of time on.

About me: I'm a 27 yr. old female from Bloomington/Normal, IL. I work in accounting and go to school part time at Illinois State University. I'm working on my degree in Accounting.

Marital Status: Married for nearly 2 years, no kids. I don't plan on having any, because I have too many other things I'd like to do in my life. I do love children, and have a 4 yr old niece I adore. I just choose not to have any of my own. I also have no pets, I had some fish but they all died. Just seems I'm not good with other living things!! I'm fairly sure my husband's still alive, though I have to poke him to be able to tell after he gets in front of his computer.

Anyway, that is me in a nutshell. I'm happy to have found this site and look forward to plenty of interesting conversation.

Also, my favorite shows have been The Bachelor, Big Brother (the first one was the only good one IMO), The Real World is always a classic as well. I also love The Osbournes and American Idol. Pretty much if it's reality TV I'll be watching!!

(PS - To Skey... I noticed you live in Springfield, Mo. Do you ever go into the bank where The Bachelor works to check him out??)
    Why doesn't anyone love me??? ::sob::

"I don't take myself too seriously."
    -Christi

Hello everyone. Here's my life...
    Name: Glenna
    Birthday: December 8, 1973
    Occupation: Mary Kay, babysit my Godson...since back surgery forced me to quit my job, which I hated anyway.
    Interests: reading, spending too much time on the computer, and (Sorry John), love those Tennessee Titans!
    Favorite reality shows: Survivor and Big Brother. I've never watched Amazing Race, but after all the raving about it on this site, I will start!
    Pets: Maddie, four year old beagle mix, and Pumpkin, a black cat who is six.
    Married seven years, no children.

I found this site while searching for Joe Millionaire stuff, and I am glad I did! Hopefully I can think of something worth talking about with all of you. Oh yeah, I was excited to hear that the guy named Butch who might be on Survivor is from Olney, IL, which is about thirty minutes from my home!

Mel

Hello all

Name: Melissa
    Married/Kids: No
    Favorite TV Shows: The Amazing Race 3, Friends, Third Watch, The Secret Life of Us, Gilmore Girls...
    Pets: A beautiful black cat named Simba

Name: Dar
    Interests: makeup, video games, reading, big brother, The Leafs!!
    Marital Status: 4 year relationship
    Pets: 2 cats: "Rocky" tubby, big white cat with black ears and tail, "8-Ball" 7 month old kitten all black with a white patch on tummy-hence the name 8-ball

jin
    Hi! This is my first post, and thought this would be a good place to start.

Name: Jennifer

Marital Status: YES...11 yrs in April, with a 13 yr. old step-daughter and a 9 yr old son

Pets: a yellow lab (elvis), a dog (tipper) and a cat ( charlie), both adopted from the humane society, a chihuaha (coco belle), and two water turtles

Interests: Reading, puzzles of all kinds, reality tv..of course..lol faves being, court tv, the amazing race, big brother, and the mole, camping, all kinds of music ..almost..and anything that isn't dull.

Sooo..... looking forward to hopefully making some pals and jumping into some fun discussions.

That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Guess its my turn.

Name: Bryon

Married 2 years

No Kids dont plan on any

2 dogs: Seven: 4yr old male Chihuahua Dachshund mix we think
    Baily: 2 yr old female Irish setter, Golden Retriever mix

Hobbies: anything entertainment Music, Movies, Tv, Computers, Travel, Baseball

Job: spent 10 yrs in the Army now I'm a computer support guy

still working on my plan to take over the world, but I think being married has set back that goal.

Name: Rob
    Interest: cooking, fishing, hunting, sports
    Married, with 2 boys (9 & 7)
    Pets: 1 cat
    Fav TV: Survivor (quickly declining unless Marky starts revving it up), almost everything on food network.

I think you folks have a great community, and I've enjoyed lurking and reading in the last week. I look forward to making contributions and having a dialog with many of you. My thanks to lobeck and Wayner for the welcome.

Stay well.

PROFILE:

School: San Diego State

Marital status: Single, in long-term relationship

Hobbies: PC Games, DVD movies, dining, travel, books

Favorite reality program (active): "Joe Millionaire," "Meet My Folks"

Favorite reality program (not active): "The Amazing Race," "Big Brother"

Least favorite reality program: "Fear Factor"

Least favorite reality program (not active): "Murder in Small Town X," "Love Cruise,"

Other television I watch: Star Trek Enterprise, Frasier, Pet Psychic (yes, the Pet Psychic), Late Night with Conan O'Brien, The Sopranos, stuff on History Channel, stuff on Travel Channel, stuff on Food Network, stuff on Discovery Channel

Favorite movies: "The Color of Money," "The Godfather, Part II," "L.A. Confidential," "GoodFellas"

Favorite books: "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman, "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Favorite albums: "Appetite for Destruction" Guns n' Roses, "Fields of Gold" Sting

Book I'm currently reading: "The Cold Six Thousand" by James Ellroy

CD in my car: An MP3 disk with The Rolling Stones, Sarah McLachlan, Eminem, Alabama 3 (The Sopranos theme), Limp Bizkit, Enya, Tracy Chapman, Dido

Netflix DVD sitting on my coffee table I haven't watched yet: Insomnia (Al Pacino, Robin Williams, Hilary Swank)

Favorite reality show personality: Will, "Big Brother 2" (Yeah, yeah, I'll get a few comments on that one. But he personifies for me the best and worst of reality television. On top of that, he's funny and a master reality show strategist. Absolutely brilliant.)

Show I'm Getting Into: "Coupling" on BBC America

PC Game I'm Getting Into: "Max Payne"

Favorite PC Games: "Half-Life," "System Shock 2," "Age of Empires II"

Favorite online contributors: Good writers with a wicked sense of humor

Least favorite online contributors: Holier-than-thou (we all know one or two) with no sense of humor--nothing a little getting-a-life wouldn't cure

Favorite Web sites: http://www.theonion.com, http://www.epinions.com, http://www.pcgamer.com, http://www.jumptheshark.com, http://www.imdb.com (FoRT is making a quick trip to the top of the charts.) And of course, www.google.com.

Least favorite Web site: http://www.drudgereport.com
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread