+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 302 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome marysafan!

Yoopers are great, ya.

FORT Fogey
    What city were you raised in, marysafan? I was raised just outside of Houghton for half my childhood and Iron Mountain the other half. It took way too long to get rid of Da Yooper accent...

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Name: Takraw (Tim)

I will have my Ph.D. in a few months, if I stop taking breaks on this board.

Interests: Cooking, food, Travel

Marital Status: Married, no kids, 3 years

Future names for children: Ty, M, J and T (I have a long last name and want to spare my children from hand cramps when they fill out the circles on tests.)

I wasn't going to introduce myself, but I really enjoy this board.

Takraw!

I lurked around this site for a really long time before joining and took my time introducing myself as well. We're glad to have you!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fan

Hi there!

I was born and raised in Ishpeming (yes it is too a word) it means "heaven" or high ground and it's right next door to Negaunee which means low ground or......nevermind they get a little touchy about that.

Our claim to fame is that it is the home town of Johnny Voelker (Robert Travers) who wrote a book that became a best seller and an Acaemy award nominated movie...An Anatomy of a Murder. The movie was filmed using Johnny's house which was three houses down from mine. So I got to watch Jimmy Stewart, Eve Arden, Lee Remick, and others...make a movie! I was only nine at the time...so it was a really BIG deal!

Once I learned to quit putting eh? at the end of all my sentences...I started to loose my accent. But there are still some words that give me away...like out and about.

Hi There Takraw! I am waving to you from across the river. If you take L street and go west for about an hour....you will be very near my house! We lived in Omaha (well Papillion actually) for 6 years and both my daughters live in Omaha now and love it.

See you around the boards! This place is great!

Marysafan and Snowangel! This place is very addicting! Have fun!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Welcome, takraw and marysafan!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Hi Takraw! If you're just going to name your kids with letters, you should do it alphabetically. That way, it's easy to remember them.

I can vouch for Ishpeming. It really does exist.

Last edited by Amanda; 04-04-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Okay, no welcome for ajg113. No soup for you!

But I have to say, ajg113, you are one of the funniest posters on this board.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread