+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 303 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome, Duxxy and Ariel!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    To the vast crowds of new people that I haven't greeted over the last few months, I'd like to give each and every one of you a very personal , whoever you are.

Welcome to the FORT Pankaren, Duxxy, and Ariel! It's a great place to be (and addictive)!

Pankaren: We're very similar. I have 7 nieces and nephews and am also single. Oh, but I'm not a statistician, oh...and I'm 32, not 28...oh, and I don't work at Barnes and Noble, but I go there every weekend, does that count? Welcome!

Ariel: Welcome to the FORT! Clay Aiken fans are very welcome here, you'll see yourself in the Clay threads.

Duxxy: I keep wanting to say "Duxxy Daycare", it has a nice ring to it. Yes, John's interviews are fantastic, it's one of the reasons I found this place, as well as some recaps from other FORTer's, like Lobeck's etc. Glad you're here!

Oh, and welcome, Boredouttamymind!

EmmaNZ: wow, New Zealand sure has a lot of AI fans (I feel like inserting, "wow, David Hasselhoff is big in Germany" - if anyone knows that reference). Anyhow, welcome! The Amazing Race is a fantastic show, glad you're a fan.

Welcome Merritt!

And welcome to anyone else I've forgotten (or can't see the text of below this post)!

"If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    Name: Anna

Location: raised in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, have lived in Chicago 6 years for school (graduate with my Master's from Northwestern University on Friday and I got my BS here too), in the process of relocating to Philadelphia for grad school (University of Pennsylvania).

Interests: reading, spending time with my family, reading, getting into debates with people, reading, roller blading, and did I mention reading...

Marital Status: Married almost four years (anniversary on July 1st), four step-kids (four boys age 14, 12, 11, and 6), and one daughter on the way (Janae Ann), which will be the first child physically my own.
    Pets: none that live with us, but I still consider my parents' pets mine, even though I moved out at 16 for college (They have two cats and had a dog until a couple years back when she had to be put to sleep).

Reality Shows I Watch: TAR, Survivor, Fame, Big Brother, the Mole, American Idol, and I'll pretty much give anything a chance other than those dating shows, which make me

Here's a Picture of me and my beautiful husband:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    graduate with my Master's from Northwestern University on Friday and I got my BS here too

Congratulations Ana! Whoo hoo!

And this can't be a first introduction, right? It's a re-introduction?

Question: How do you fit it all in? You've got to be crazy busy!!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Shazzer
    And this can't be a first introduction, right? It's a re-introduction?

Question: How do you fit it all in? You've got to be crazy busy!!
    Thanks for the congrats! It's more of a "I just discovered this thread, so I figured I would post something, even though I'm sure most of the people visiting this thread have either talked to me or read some of my posts..."

I'm usually really busy, because I was working full-time and going to school full-time and trying to complete my thesis, but I'm done now and I'm just taking some time off. I'm just working some part-time hours for DCFS to meet with former clients and help train my replacement, but other than that I figured I deserve a little time off. However, I am feeling so guilty for taking time off, because I'm usually such a work-a-holic...

FORT Fogey

Re: Online Scrab

Originally posted by Mel12
    MollyRose-- You can play online at playsite.com and also games.com. Have fun!
    Hey, I'm online at Playsite playing games too... My playsite name is the same as here (AnnaRHR)...

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by HeyNah17
    i love reality shows like THE MOLE, SURVIVOR, ARE YOU HOT...FEAR FACTOR...uhhh is Streets Smarts counted [/COLOR]
    Well, this is officially the first time I've seen somebody admit to watching Are You Hot? I'm disturbed to actually encounter one...

Originally posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Favorite Reality Shows: Big Brother (although I keep swearing to myself I wouldn't watch another season!), Survivor (Dan's a hottie!), Joe Millionaire (I know I won't see another season of that!), Hot or Not (just a little bit for the eye candy), and Fear Factor (fear would definately be a factor for me!)
    That makes it two...I'm starting to get scared...

First of all, I've been here for about a two weeks, and I haven't even introduced myself.. I've just been hiding in a dark corner, and eavesdropping on all the conversations... It's been great... so here I am...

name: Karen
    origin: Canada

Extras: (is there a format to this?)
    I'm working full time in a school as an assistant librarian (those brats!! j/k i love the little guys...really, i do). I do a lot of shelving books and reading... not to mention, reading on FORT when i'm not busy with the kids... I've been to college for about a year, and i just took a general program, I don't really have a goal or career in mind.. just to live peacefully within myself... at home, i love to watch TV.. and i would love to be on the net all evening, if only i could get the net... lol... My favorite is and always will be Clay.. just to say the least.. All i can say is that he touched my heart and soften it, he changed me for the better, i haven't really noticed that i changed, but i have... he has made such a difference in all our lives,... i wish he knew that... i hope all this fanbase doesn't scare him...

Ok, i decided that's enough... if anyone wants to know more... just ask me... i can answer any question, no problem...

Later, gang
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

oh, and i'm single.. and very much looking.. j/k... no one can measure up to Clay now... The Bar has been raised...
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

+ Reply to Thread