+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 303 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Silvy, silvy, silvy. Look at how many posts you've made in such a short amount of time, you Clay fan, you.
    A big to you!

Hi GrammarGoddess! I hope you're doing well. I like your furry babies on the For Animal Lovers thread.:cool:

Okay, now that this thread is at the top of the home page, Iíll finally post in it (after being a member for a couple of weeks).

I don't have too much exciting to say, hence the procrastination, but here goes:

Okay, Iíve been a long time lurker since I don't know when, and I finally just joined in May, at the tail end of American Idol, which I was slightly obsessed with (in a good way). Iíve been reading John and Lobeckís posts for some time, and have enjoyed them.

I love to paint, illustrate, and write. Not married, no children, pretty friendly person. I tend to be an optimist, which could crush me on a board like this.

One dream off the top of my head is to someday own an enormous house with a studio and an indoor/outdoor pool (I love to swim, plus I still want to do all that crazy kid-stuff like headstands and underwater games, and a woman in her early 30ís just doesnít look cool doing that at a public pool where most people her age are doing respectable laps).

Iím a huge reality tv fan, and so finding this website was like hitting the JACKPOT. Iíve been an Amazing Race fan since the very first show, a Survivor fan since the first show, and an American Idol fan since the first show of the first season.

I will also admit to shamefully and secretly watching many MTV reality shows (Sorority Life, Made, True Life, etc.) to which I do not admit to if asked by friends.

Anything else? Oh, I love Vietnamese food, which is surprisingly abundant in my part of the U.S. (Iím heating up leftovers for lunch as I type this: marinated bbq chicken with pea pods, broccoli, and a vinaigrette dipping sauce Ė yum).

Anyhow, love reading all the posts here, even when I donít post. Everyone is pretty smart, and you all usually beat me in making a valid point before I can even begin, hence my reason for lurking for so long without joining or posting. No reason to repeat something that was already said.

All right, Iíve gone on too long. Hello, and enjoy talking with you all.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

All right, the above was much more long-winded than I planned! Apologies!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

Shazzer Sorry for the delay, but I was getting my lunch, nothing as interesting as yours. You sound like a nice and interesting person. I hope you stay with us at FORT!

Oh, I think FORT is quite addicting. Never planned to visit even this much....but there's so much to do here! Good distraction from insurance (which is what I work in now)

Must....stop....visiting....FO RT....so....much.......... (struggle, wrestle)

Oh, who am I kidding??

Shazzer and all other newbies to the FORT. Shazzer is your nickname based on one of the characters in Bridget Jones's Diary?
    Who shot who in the what now?

Welcome, Shazzer! I think we've found our new motto..."Less boring than insurance!"

I haven't posted a welcome in ages! Can't afford to do that because you miss saying hello to everyone individually.

Anyway, welcome to Shazzer, GG, Silvy, Vincent, VAnillaOrchids, ukook, hksnoopy, and...anyone else I missed in the last three pages.

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Hi, nice to meet you all!!

+ Reply to Thread