+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 303 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome, Blue Meanie!

caf

Introduction

Hope I'm doing this right -- I've never joined a forum or chat group. I've been reading the posts here for about 2 months now - mostly about AI2. I wanted to get a feel for how others viewed the contestants and their likelihood of progression. It's been interesting. I've found several similar viewpoints, but today when I read the many posts from fans of Colin Firth in response to GreenFlutes avatar, I knew these were my kind of people!

Name: Carol
    Marital status: Married, will be 25 years this November, to a retired Chief Warrant Officer.
    Kids: 2 daughters, ages 24 and 22. Paid for 5 years of college for the 24 year old--changed her mind 3 or 4 times and never finished any of them; 3 years for the 22 year old. Both are now going back to school this fall -- on their own dime this time!
    Interests: Reading (am eagerly looking forward to Vol 5 of the Harry Potter series), home projects (love HGTV), and watching almost all reality TV shows -- though I had to draw the line at Mr. Personality!

Love the AI2 recaps by Lobeck. And looking foward to BB4!

Welcome, Carol! And you'll love our coverage of BB4, I guarantee.

Hi all,
    Never thought I'd join any type of forum/chat group. Never thought I'd get up early in the morning and come home from work on time to eagerly plant myself in front of the computer. . .then came the enchanting Clay Aiken , and here I am:

Name: Candy
    Occupation: Art teacher; soon committing myself to also being a full-time practicing artist
    Marital Status: married almost 4 years to a very patient guy!

interests: drawing, painting, photography, reading (David Sedaris has been cracking me up lately; To change the subject: has anyone read Geek Love? That could be quite a bizarre thread! ); traveling; decorating my house; going to the gym sporadically

Favorite reality show: I only watch one--but passionately! Go figure. . .
    Oops--I lied. I sometimes watch Fear Factor to watch people eat gross stuff.

Favorite non-reality shows: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Scrubs, Will and Grace, Trading Spaces, and I'm a former X-Files junkie

**Thanks for a great site. I'm happy to be on board!

Welcome, AliceBShoe! If you only pick one forum, we're glad you chose us!

Good luck with the full-time artist gig. Hope it pans out for you.

Think Happy Thoughts :) Pollyanna's Avatar
    Hello everyone - I've been lurking here for about a week, reading all of the American Idol threads - enjoying every minute of it.

I've been happily married to a phenomenal man for almost 20 years (will be 20 years in about 28 days...) and have a 15 year old son.

I am a reporting analyst for a bankrupt telecommunications company, and I lead a fairly boring life. Spend my free time watching our son play sports and watching American Idol. Tonight I watched American Idol WHILE I watched my son play baseball! I was the most popular fan with my little casio handheld TV!

Oh - I guess I should explain why I was so popular - I live in Raleigh, NC, and everyone here wants to keep track of Clay! He was my son's counselor at the "Y" a couple years back - my son says "He'll always be 'Clayton' to me!"
    "You breathe all the time you're asleep, but you aren't living. I mean living -- doing the things you want to do....That's what I call living, Aunt Polly. Just breathing isn't living!" -- Pollyanna
    "Who's the bunny now, bitch?" -- Janelle

Welcome, Pollyanna!

Name: shalla
    Marital status: i still have a lot of life to live before i sign it away
    Kids: not yet
    interests- im a writer, but i like to read also
    favorite reality show -- AMERICAN IDOL..im seriously obsessed, i also like The Mole and big brother
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Welcome, CATW!

Name: Dom

Age: fortytwenty (sounds better that way) as of tomorrow.

Married: Almost 41 years to same wonderful woman.

Children: One daughter and a beautiful grandgirl.

Interests: Photography, NASCAR racing (after all this is North Carolina. What do you expect!), latest electronic technology.

Job: Recently became a Deputy Clerk of Superior Court of NC, Wake County.

(John, great site. Keep up the excellent work...)

+ Reply to Thread