+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 303 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Leo
    Premium Member
    to the new members!

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Hello, everybody

I've been a member of the FORT for about a month now, but have never officially introduced myself.

My name is Jack, and I'm in Austin, Texas. I have a B.A. degree in Philosophy from the University of Texas, where I also work full time as part of a computer tech support team. My interests are very eclectic, and I'm equally comfortable discussing the latest theory in quantum physics or the latest episode of American Idol. I've gone skydiving twice and have climbed Mt. Shasta on five separate occasions.

I perform professionally as a balloon artist and juggler at all types of parties and special events, mostly on the weekends (screen name is starting to make sense now, huh?). I believe there are few things in life more rewarding than bringing joy to the eyes of a child. I prefer the music of the 50's and 60's because of it's simplicity and the memories it brings back, but can usually find some good in all genres. I'm an avid reader--mostly science fiction/fantasy, but I've always enjoyed the classics as well. American Idol 2 is the main 'reality' show I watch, but I also enjoy shows like Alias and Smallville. I was born in California on July 4th, 1952.

I was attracted to the FORT because of Lobeck's recaps; I've stayed because of the many friendly, intelligent, insightful, and fun people I've encountered here. Feel free to send me a pm sometime.

(Wow! This turned into a long post... probably *way* more than anyone wanted to know about me!)

Last edited by bloonman; 04-19-2003 at 01:07 AM.
    "I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Welcome, bloonman!

Welcome, SS, Mantenna, SpaceTiger, and Bloonman!

ST, your interests gibe pretty well with mine, except for horror movies and fishing. I also live in Colorado (Ft. Fun).
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Wow...I haven't checked in here in a while, and it looks like we've got lots of new members... everyone!

Hello to all of the new members.

Just stopped in to say hello to all the new members!

bloonman, SpaceTiger, Mantenna, Sassy, and Monita!

Enjoy the FoRt. The people here are so friendly, and I'm sure you'll find lots of things to keep you busy! Have fun!

time to burn the building lucky's Avatar

New to the FORT

Hello, FORT!

I've been a devoted reader of the American Idol 2 forum and have finally joined to put in my 2 cents . . . but before I do . . .

Name: Lucky
    Marital status: single
    Interests: movies, cooking, yoga, knitting, reading
    Favorite reality TV shows: American Idol
    Favorite non-reality TV shows: Sopranos, Law & Order

Hi, I'm Tracy, aka tracylee. I finally joined the forum yesterday after lurking from the beginning of the AI2 season.

This is the first season I've managed to get hooked on a reality TV show - it started with Joe Millionaire and now my husband likes to watch AI as much as I do!

OK, I'm 37, married, we have no kids, two cats , but he has a 21 year old son.
    I'm a Sr. Programmer Analyst for a health insurance company, and full time geek. I manage a website for my sister's company Community Lending Associates, Inc. and administer a forum for Curves for Women .
    Since I work full time on computers, I don't do much of this at home - don't tell my bosses that, so every now and then I'll start a post and get interrupted, so please excuse some of the time lags.

Anyway, I think that's about it. I wish I had this forum's smiley list for mine! I'm jealous!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    HI everyone!! I just have to say that I love being a part of the Fort. I wish I'd found it a lot sooner than I did. I've been here a couple of weeks now and can't go through the day without being here.

My name is Rebecca, but I go by my middle name as you can see. I'm older than some hills (53 in May) and not as smart as some people think I should be. I've been married to the same understanding guy for almost 35 years (in June) and have three grown daughters and two grandkids with another on the way. We have a dog, Emmy, and two cats, Murphy and Teddy, one never goes out and the other never comes in.

As dorky (does that age me!) as it sounds I'm the town clerk where I live and an accountant. I do tax returns for fun. I bowl twice a week in the winter and go camping in the summer. I love movies and reading and am a trivia nut. My favorite shows are Survivor, TAR, CSI, Without a Trace and Monk. Not necessarily in that order. Some day I'll try the chat room and get to know you better, but I'm nervous bout doing it. My brain works a lot faster than my fingers.

I guess that's aout it see you all around the Fort.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread