+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 303 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

FORT Fanatic
    grantaire!

very cool avatar.

FORT Fogey
    Hello! The Fort is a great place to hang out ! you might want to check out the intro forum ! once you get the hang of navigating its all easy!

Welcome to the site, Grantaire! You're from the suburb of one of my favorite movies!

Leo
    Premium Member
    all!

katebeth - what in the world is a Technology Road Warrior? Sounds interesting.

Normally, that means you're a travelling computer consultant, usually for one of the Big 5 - Andersen, Accenture, etc.

You go where the work is, and you're home on weekends. Usually you do it when you're fresh out of college, and it lasts a couple of years before you get entirely burnt out, and you've built up enough frequent flier miles to go wherever you want.

I worked on a project for Accenture in Florida where I was the only non-Accenture person on the team of 23 consultants. The other 22 flew in every Monday morning, and flew home every Friday night, from as far away as California.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Hey, that sounds like a nice gig. What do you usually take out of college to get that - would Computer Engineering suffice?

just wanted to pop in and all the new members. this is, by far, the best group of people you will find on the net. i'm sure you'll love it here - but, be warned: it is highly addictive!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Leo, I'd highly recommend you have a heavy load of programming courses, and some Oracle DBA stuff wouldn't hurt.

You can find out more about what it's like at www.accenture.com (I am not affiliated with Accenture, it's just the one I know best, having worked with a fair number of their employees over the years). It's a good way to get experience with a wide variety of business situations in a short time.

Hiya!

Hi there!

I have just found this website and I immediatly joined because I think it is great to chat with like minded individuals, such as yourselves.

My name is Dawn and I am a vocal trainer. I enjoy watching American Idol. Other than that, Reality TV is not my forte. I occasionaly watch a few of them, but AI is really the only one that I am "in" to

I am 25 and I am married. We live in Nebraska.

You are all welcome to PM me!!!

Dawn

+ Reply to Thread