+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 302 FirstFirst ... 197247287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3020
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Nice to meet you Jill, tardy4party and denimlady! I like many of the shows you like - am looking forward to Big Brother coming up! Thanks for introducing yourselves.

Welcome to all new F O R T people!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I never even knew this thread existed until now. I consider myself new altho I have been lurking w/o posting for a couple years. Recently, I've become a reality show junkie and enjoying it a lot even though I'm very aware of how editing, odd characters and outlandish behavior make for good ratings. I excuse myself re wasting time watching these shows because I love to crochet and do that while viewing, therefore I can still say I'm productive.

I'm 64 years old, live up in the foothills in So Calif, far away from the rest of the crazy people that live in this state.
    Am married for about 24 yrs to my second husband, who is 7 years younger than me but an absolute wonderful guy & a far better father to my adult kids than their real father.
    We are retired from work/business altho my husband, a 9th degree black belt in karate, donates 4 days a week at the local YMCA teaching martial arts. That's how we met, I was once his student.
    I am now enjoying being an oil painter, something I put off doing until all the rest of life's responsibilities were finished, i.e. college, grad school, raising kids, helping my husband build his own company, etc.
    We just moved to our dream house, have 3 rescued dogs and are happily living a good life and I get to "waste" my time watching reality TV and thoroughly enjoying FORT.

I didn't know this thread existed either, thedragonlady, but it's nice to get a more 3d view of our Forters here. Like you, I have been lurking for a long time and have posted more than my number indicates, mainly because I'm always posting the wrong thing in the wrong place (can't seem to get things straight...lol!!), so they get deleted.

Liike you, I am 64 years old, married to the same fella for 42 years and live in Charlotte, NC. Grew up in Mexico, as my American parents were medical missionaries there, and I came to the States to study nursing. I decided to stay here and not go back to the mission field. Met my husband on a blind date, have one daughter and one grandson, who keeps my husband and me very occupied (besides having a 94 year old mother living close by). I stay busy, but not busy enough to not watch some of my favorite reality shows: Bach/B'ette, BB, TAR, and Survivor. Wish I could say I have a talent like you (ie: painting), but maybe my talent is enjoying taking care of people! I love animals (volunteered many hours at the Humane Society) and used to do pet therapy in nursing homes from the HS when I had more time.

Welcome, thedragonlady!!!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;4019463;
    I didn't know this thread existed either, thedragonlady, but it's nice to get a more 3d view of our Forters here. Like you, I have been lurking for a long time and have posted more than my number indicates, mainly because I'm always posting the wrong thing in the wrong place (can't seem to get things straight...lol!!), so they get deleted.

Liike you, I am 64 years old, married to the same fella for 42 years and live in Charlotte, NC. Grew up in Mexico, as my American parents were medical missionaries there, and I came to the States to study nursing. I decided to stay here and not go back to the mission field. Met my husband on a blind date, have one daughter and one grandson, who keeps my husband and me very occupied (besides having a 94 year old mother living close by). I stay busy, but not busy enough to not watch some of my favorite reality shows: Bach/B'ette, BB, TAR, and Survivor. Wish I could say I have a talent like you (ie: painting), but maybe my talent is enjoying taking care of people! I love animals (volunteered many hours at the Humane Society) and used to do pet therapy in nursing homes from the HS when I had more time.

Welcome, thedragonlady!!!!
    Nice to meet you too, Coco46!
    Understand about taking care of people. We're at that age where we find ourselves taking care of our parents right after we raised our kids. My mother & father lived to 93 & 94, respectively and have been gone for a few years now. It's a difficult time, taking care of those to took care of you but I learned a lot doing it and hope I'm a better person for it. I think if I didn't have my art, I'd be doing exactly what you're doing, caring for animals. 3 days ago, we just adopted a 3rd rescued dog and are delighted.
    Stay in touch, please. We'll get to know this site well and become Fogeys!

Good for you for adopting an animal that needed a home! I wish more people would spay/neuter our furry friends so there would not be so many homeless ones. Nothing makes me angrier than to hear someone say, "Oh, we dumped our cat out, because we know cats are self-sufficient and he/she will be ok.". What are these people thinking? Wish we had more strict laws about animal abuse!

hey everyone , i am new to this forum

Welcome, angelchick! You will really enjoy the FORT. It's a wonderful, respectful place to discuss all the things that you find interesting and share them with others.

to all our new members! Thanks for introducing yourselves!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

thanks

+ Reply to Thread