+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

FORT Fogey
    Welcome to FORT Realityfan and Bagheera!

Welcome Bagheera and Realityfan.
    Make yourselves at home.

Hi Everyone!

Name: Tammy (Tay for short) screenname nanaTay
    Interests: crocheting, reading, the internet
    Marital Status: Single with children
    Pets: 1 dog, 5 yr old BLACK mix breed (1/2 jack russel 1/2 black lab)

As you can see, I am 43, single with 2 children (both boys 18 & 7) and I am expecting my first grandchild (due March 2nd) which is one of the most exciting things for me!!

I have just recently become a Reality TV junkie as I wasn't able to watch television for a long time due to working. Since I became disabled (diagnosed with lupus in 2002 but worked until 2004) I have found a whole lot more time to find for the telly, lol. I found BB5 but it was right near the end of the season (maybe 6 houseguests left?? not sure) and I became addicted! I also watched American Idol all of last season and most of the previous one (I sure was rooting for Dianna since she was from my county here in GA). I totally enjoyed this past seasons of AI & BB6 - had the live feeds, lol, and become thoroughly engrossed in the entire process of it (can't wait for the new seasons).

Since finding reality TV, I have also gotten hooked on this year's Survivor:Guatamala (go Yaxha!) and tuned into least week's Amazing Race, for the first time, and will watch tonight's as well. I have seen some of The Apprentice (not impressed) and I was able to keep up with Paradise Hotel when it was on too! Now I thoroughly enjoyed that show and would love to see it resurrected!

I have NO intention of even flipping through the channel's and watching any of Martha Stewart's Apprentice, she just doesn't impress me one bit!

Well, I sure am rambling! So sorry for that. One more thing about myself, as I stated in my interests, I crochet. I have recently created a website with some of my work for sale (please check out my profile for the link). The creations are mostly ONE-OF-A-KIND designs created within my mind only (never could follow a pattern, lol) and some are made by my sister (who CAN follow a pattern, lol). I'd love for y'all to check out my site and sign my guestbook or even get on my mailing list! These are so well crafted that some of the kids in my family have had theirs for OVER 20 years and they still look I just made them a month ago! In my opinion, they are "Family Heirlooms"

Enough about me, please take the time to PM me or even email me. I'd love to become part of the "family" at FoRT!!!

Thanks for you time

nanaTay

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Welcome to the FORT Tay. I'm sure you'll meet a lot of new pals around here.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Welcome, nanaTay! I like you - you have great things of interest. You'll surely enjoy it a lot here!

Welcome to the FORT, nanaTay!

THANK YOU everyone for the wonderful, warm welcome! I do so look forward to chatting it up with ALL of you!

Tay

You are a grandma?! Wow! And as such, I am so proud of you for not being an addict of QVC like my shopaholic mom! This is much more stimulating. I love this place. Never met anyone on this site, but it feels like home!

And congrats on the new little one!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    You are a grandma?! Wow! And as such, I am so proud of you for not being an addict of QVC like my shopaholic mom! This is much more stimulating. I love this place. Never met anyone on this site, but it feels like home!

And congrats on the new little one!
    TYVM

I actually become a grandma for the first time next Feb/Mar and I cannot wait, however, I used to be a house mom for exotic dancers. I was very close to alot of them and their children call me nanaTay while the girls call me mamaTay... kinda silly, I know, but it works for me. My grandchild (we find out the sex next week!!!) will probably call me Grandma (an honor, of course).

As for QVC, lol, many years ago, I bought several items from them and still tune in every once in a while. I love some of their household gadgets.

Have a wonderful day!! Thanks again for the congrats

FORT Newbie
    Well, I joined here a while ago. I mostly lurked here too. I'm new to groups and posting and unfortunately started to post in a yahoo goup which turned out to be a horrible experience. It was not what I was looking for only a few(very few) people posted and those that did were not to nice to anyone who didn't agree with them. So long story short I came back here started reading again and thought how dumb was I not to see this is a much better place and it covers almost every show I watch. Better still is there are tons of posters and tons of points of view......so I'm really glad to be here!

+ Reply to Thread