+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

What is "cos"? Is that a word I'm not familiar with, or lingo (which we don't allow, as you'd know if you'd read our rules you agreed to when you signed up)?

Hello! I'm newly registered, but have been lurking for a few months. I really appreciate how well this site is run and think the moderators do a great job.

I'm looking forward to reading/posting about ANTM4. I was sick the weekend before the ANTM3 finale and caught the entire season's reruns on VH1. I had never watched the show before, but now I'm hooked. The sad thing for me is that it runs up against the West Wing and Alias, so it appears I either need another VCR or will have to give up the West Wing.

I also enjoy watching American Idol. Although, I will probably have to rely on lobeck's recaps once Spring Term begins. Too many shows, not enough time.

Huge LOST fan (as if that wasn't obvious) and have actually read the entire 118 page (at last count) thread! Awesome theories and spoilers in there.

Other shows I watch: American Dreams, 7th Heaven, Las Vegas, One Tree Hill, The OC, and ER.

Welcome, lostfan! I know where you're coming from since I also dislike having to sacrifice one show for another. (But I admit to having lost interest in The West Wing since last season.)

Enjoy yourself! We have some of the best, most thoughtful and most insightful users online and an excellent Moderating staff. (I'm a big fan of my fellow Writers, too.) Hope you'll contribute to some of those forums in the near future, and I look forward to reading what you have to share.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Hello, lostfan! Welcome..I enjoy Lost too...great show!

Hi there!

Hi there!

I don't know why I'm doing here but I find myself got strangely hooked into this ever since March of 2003, so I thought I'd just simply introduced myself. I'm lonely, alone and 82 years old who felt like I outlived my own sense of purposes to be here on Earth. Haha, no! Just joshing!!! For real yo', it's actually totally opposite of that.

My name is Gary and I'm from California. I mostly lived in politician cities for almost all my human life. Baton Rouge when I was little, Atlanta when I was toddler, Sacramento for the most of my pre, teen and young adult life. Washington DC is for school, people and other stuffs. What's next? Probably Phoenix or Salt Lake City, or just for the heck, Austin, Texas! (which I heard and visited there, is a real good partying city!)

I'm 22 years and 119 days young. My birthday is October 1, 1982, and my sign's Libra. Libra rocks!

I'm also a college student who's just bs-ing around - well actually, I'm not in school right now because I'm such a poor starving student who's so in debts that are up to my neck! Paying bills is just no fun but I figured since I have so much time here on this precious Earth. I should just stop, chill around, get serious with my life and be ready for Gallaudet University when I get back there in the fall of 05! It's a long, tough road ahead for me but that's life, right?

No love life for me yet but I do have massive friends across America - so, I travel a lot. Mostly roadtrips. When I have time, money and the opportunity, I'm totally out, cruising down the highway! So, that's probably why I feel like I'm lonely all the time. Being popular is no fun either! Next stop? Either Tucson or Seattle.

More about me, first of all, just to make everything clear, sometimes I sounded "retarded" but I'm not! I'm really, really smartass airhead. Think, like, Elle Wood from The Legally Blonde. I say that because I got into a lot of trouble in chatrooms and forums few years ago, so I just feel like everyone misjudged me all the time. Second of all, my English is my second language, so please be patience with me for I really want to master my English. My first language is ASL, (America Sign Language). And, lastly, yes, I'm deaf since birth.

Favorite reality TV shows: America's Top Model, Project Runaway, Real Worlds, and just bunch of reality TV craps - I really don't have a life right now. *Shrugs* Like I said, I'm a poor starving student who has nothing better thing to do right now.

Hobbies: Writing, my LiveJournal, this forum, chatting with old friends on IMs, driving my baby Amuri down the highways, partying my ass off, meeting new people, reading interesting books, and longing to be a better person someday.

On life, I'm still single and probably always will be until the day I died. Unless I meet a "special" person but for now, I don't want to get married, or have children. All I want is to find a good job, live in a nice studio APT in a bigassed city, and just have fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! Complete with SUV and two cute little Chihuahuas named Buffy-Ann and Buddy-Joe. Life should be exciting, right guys?

It's 12:04am here, and my day's done for tonight.

So... tootles!
    G.
    Last edited by Lonelyguy82; 01-27-2005 at 03:55 AM.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Hi and welcome lonelyguy!

Let me know if you are going to swing by Salt Lake City - I'll show you the sight. (we only have one - betcha can't guess what it is....)

Nice to have you aboard - and hopefully you've forgiven my obnoxious snark in the F&G forum.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Let me know if you are going to swing by Salt Lake City - I'll show you the sight. (we only have one - betcha can't guess what it is....)
    World's biggest ball of twine?

Welcome, LonelyGuy. I've encountered a few other hearing-impaired (Is that the preferred term now or not?) folks on this board, which led me to shake my head in wonder that the Internet has, once again, put people together who may not have otherwise ever corresponded. Neat.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

webberino, joelle, lostfan, lonelyguy, and any other newbies I've missed!

Hope you enjoy the FORT!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

J.D.
    I don't mind visit SLC, one of my oldest friends lives there, but right now, we're not on speaking term. So I doubt I'll visit there anytime soon. And, don't sweat about it, J.D.

Phat13
    Well, most deaf people I know, would prefer to be called deaf or HOH (hard of hearing). Hearing-impaired sounds like we're crippled for life. That's not what we want in our deaf community because we don't think like that. We can live just fine - with or without music.

OneTVslave
    Thanks! I feel so welcome - even if my posts was deleted few times already... In fact, two of them was deleted like two days ago. Heh.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Hey lonelyguy, I have an aunt & uncle who graduated from Gallaudet. ASL rocks, and when they get going I can't catch a flipping word. Single forever, huh? Well, just so you know, they met at Gallaudet...
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread