+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 303 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

to all the new FORT members!

Princess
    Wow, I haven't checked this thread for a few days and so many new members already!!
    madbanana, Ogmius, cagirl, Berta, bayika, mommylee3, Tallulahbaby, TinyDancer, simbna, PrincessBeri, dagwood, TheShadow, Sharky, gromit, CopperPenny, bryan, and ZOLTAN!!!
    The more the merrier!!

Hi, all.
    I've been lurking for a week or so, thought I'd say hello.

Name: Shayla
    B-day: 9.16
    Marital status, kids: single, none
    Interests: hiking, physical and cosmological phenomena, drawing, puzzles, writing, painting, internet-chatting, documentary video (a novice though), procrastinating, and sampling unique foods
    TV shows: Buffy, Simpsons, Letterman, Boston Public (it's sensationalized, yes, but I'm a teacher; it's my trade and I always need helpful tips, like what to do if my students are gang members and shoot at me or if one of the classrooms on campus is really a sex hotel in disguise)
    Reality TV: Survivor 6, American Idol 2, Joe Millionairhead
    Pets: a grey tabby furball/rugrat

Thanks for providing good & fun reading material! I'll try to visit more often and post.

Hi to everyone. I hadn't noticed this thread before when lurking as a visitor. Registered this week.

Name: Ladyofthelake
    Marital Status: Married 10 years, 2 kids age 7 and 5
    Real location: Florida
    Originally from: England (South London)
    I have been living in Florida for 1 year now. My husband was recruited from England and works for an American company.
    The TV here is very different from what I was used to, but I have slowly but surely got hooked on (some of) it. I am enjoying Joe Millionaire, Survivor (Thailand was the first one I saw) and American Idol. I got to see the British version before moving over here, so if you have any questions about it, then I'm the one to ask!
    I really like this forum and will be visiting often.

Welcome, Shayla and LOTL! Lady, you and fluff will have some stuff to talk about. She's a transplanted Brit, too.

And Shayla, if one of your classrooms is a sex hotel in disguise, I expect you to post it here first

And Shayla, if one of your classrooms is a sex hotel in disguise, I expect you to post it here first
    No problem.

That was actually a fun episode. Several students would stand on the landing and alert the couple of an approaching teacher or school administrator. The jazzy bomp-chikka music would stop playing and the bed would turn back into a couch. Ultimately, everyone got in big trouble, and the Mr. Madam was tried in student court.

I rarelly venture in here anymore... not very friendly of me!

Welccome to all the new members. This is a great board, you will have a blast here. It is a great place to hang out
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

shayla and ladyofthelake! make yourself at home!

oh, and shayla, i don't normally watch boston public, but i actually caught that epi! it was entertaining, indeed!

Welcome gromit, CopperPenny, bryan, Zoltan, Shayla, and LOFL. Good to have you here.

and to all!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

+ Reply to Thread