+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome to the Fort Selene. This is a great place to hang out!
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

i've been lurking for a little over a year and just decided to join because I had to write! I live in Ohio and have been legal for many years now. I love to read the postings of everyone. Well, maybe not everyone, but it is interesting and gives a different viewpoint. My interests are books and music. I appreciate most the recaps-all terrifically written and most enjoyable to read.

Famita and anyone else I may have missed

FORT Newbie

Hi to the FORT!

Name: Arbiter

Occupation: College Student, Licensed US Soccer Federation Referee, Licensed International Kickboxing Federation Official

Hobbies: watching competition style reality TV and making calls on crap that shouldn't be happening during said competitions :nono (I am studying law and have actually devised standards by which certain types of contests should be run),

I really think FCC should require the use of independent refs for these competitions. Producers setting the rules and then enforcing them is a conflict of interest.

WORK IN PROGRESS: A proposed set of "Minimum Standards Governing the Conduct of Military Simulation Contests Involving Civillian Contestants"

("Military simulation contest" defined in the standards:
    means a contest where contestants are taught military or espionage techniques, inclusive of physical training, whether such techniques or training is/are modified or not, and then tested upon those skills in any manner, to determine victory, elimination, and defeat, in such contest).

Basically this would include something like TLC's "Spymaster", USA network's "Boot Camp". It would NOT have included "Combat Missions" because the contestants had military/special ops training thus the contestants were not civillians.

If anyone would like to see the standards let me know and I will email them. I can be reached at "referee2k2@yahoo.com"

I saw you'd posted last, and thought "wow, he finally kicked that one-trick pony posting, and moved on to other things".

Well, I was wrong.

Welcome, anyway.

I'm a newbie, just joined this month after lurking in the hammock.
    I just love it here. And I signed up tonight to turn my name green. Its such
    a great place to hang out.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl
    I'm a newbie, just joined this month after lurking in the hammock.
    I just love it here. And I signed up tonight to turn my name green. Its such
    a great place to hang out.
    What are you saying-it was FORT love at first sight?

Welcome to the green!!!!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

aww thanks ....... what a nice welcome.

back to my hammock , a good book, glass of wine and some

Hello!

I just spent a looonngg time writing a witty ditty to only have it rejected as "spam." Do I look like spam? I look like I've eaten a lot of spam, but that's besides the point. John says I need to post three times before I'm recognized as a real member...so, here is my opportunity to introduce myself AND reach the glorious Three Whole Postings Mark, and therefore, not be seen as that disgusting, revolting, nauseating spam. (Anybody want to buy some diet pills? You can lose 20 pounds in two days! Or, does anyone need a loan for a quick million? The payment is only $375.00 a month.)

Just kidding, John!

Name: Gretchen
    Marital Status: Yes! A thousand times, yes! I'm a lifer. (If my husband ever leaves me...I'm going with him!) I'm a wife of one, mother of four, mother-in-law of two, and grandmother of four...and counting.
    Pets: I'm for them
    Spam: I'm against them.
    Interests: Anything miniature: things, houses, vignettes (1' = 1")
    Fav TV shows: I work 12 hour graveyard shifts, so have to limit how many tapes I can handle sitting through the next day. Survivor and AI for now. The Amazing Race when it's on again in July. Are there really any others?

Name: Jennifer
    Happily engaged
    Proud mother of a 10 year old wonderful son
    Living in beautiful South Florida

I am addicted to reality T.V. and I love this site!!!

+ Reply to Thread