+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

Well to be honest the singles market is dying a death here, anyone can get to number one and it doesn't mean they have any talent! CD albums are doing better! What kind of music are you into, which bands/singers in particular?

JustaskJulie and Belfastgirl. Enjoy your time at the FoRT.

all newbies and returnies!

Not a newbie but never really said hello!

Candybar

I really asked myself whether or not to tell you all so much but it is too important not to tell. So here we go. Fort has been an important distraction for me especially during the last few volatile months.

Occupation: Full time missionary/volunteer for a humanitarian misson in Haiti

Interests: educating people about the needs in Haiti poorest country in the western hemisphere where one in 8 children die before their 5th birthday. Where only half the people can read, and fewer still have access to safe drinking water. Most Haitians don't eat every day. Haiti is the only country in the world officially named as deforested. This is all a one hour plane ride from Miami. Eight million people in a country the size of Maryland.

Why: because I didn't know, no one told me, I needed to know, how was it possible I didn't?
    Christ commands us to go and I did and I saw and worked and I am changed forever. I was blind and now I see.

Former occupation: social services and entertainment industry, including yes, RTV.

Married: yes
    Family: yes

Pets: Dog and cat

Reason I read and write on Fort: distraction, entertainment and to talk about shows. Lots of interesting folks here.

Favorite tv show 70's show
    Why: it is an amazing ensemble show with great writing and just entertaining.

Shows I dislike: Shows that use people weaknesess for entertainment. Jerry Springer, that sort of show.

Favorite reality shows: Shows where people are interacting, a reflection of my former work in social services.

Fort buddy: Snickers

Amazing factoid: I once logged onto Fort from a cyber cafe in Haiti. Surrealistic experience.

Anyone with a question on Haiti I will do my best to give a thorough answer with the bast references I can. Private message me if it is a personal question and I will try to answer.

Hi Candybar!

Your introduction caught my eye because, I too, spent 4 years in Haiti (91-95) during the last mass migration. Catch you around.

p.s. we didn't have any cyber cafes then...we rolled up our letters in beer bottles and threw them into the ocean.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Regular
    Name: newshound
    Interests: politics, reality TV, reading
    Pets: 2 cats, brother and sister--Buddy and Gracie
    Favorite shows: The Amazing Race, American Chopper, Survivor, Joe Schmo, Rr/Real World Challenge, Trek (the new show Enterprise is awesome, despite what Shatner says)

I've been lurking at this site for about a year and was forced out of the shadows last week (I've been lurking at other sites since Survivor I). You can't beat the commentary at the FORT!!

newshound, nice to have another Joe Schmo fan here. Check out the news about the second season and stick around!

FORT Regular
    Thanks, Clipse! I was hoping I'd get a "Welcome" from someone.

newshound. Welcome in!

Enjoy your stay.....hehe.
    realitytvbites!

I haven't been in here for eons, so just had to pop in and say to the new peeps!! I hope you enjoy your stay!!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread