+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

to KatieKat FORT has many forums and threads. I hope you will enjoy them.

Premium Member
    Hi, I have been a member since Sept. of 03 and never got around to a formal introduction, I apologize, no disrespect was intended.
    My name is Ray, I live in the City of Philadelphia Pa. I am a 40 year old father of 3, I have been married to my soul mate for 16 years, and I am more in love with her now than I was 16 years ago. ( She is a dead ringer of Marisa Tomei, and on several occasions people have stopped us on the street and inquired if she was really Marisa, that always gives us a chuckle when that happens
    My nickname is Roz and it has been as far back as I can remember (Hence my screen name). I am an IT professional, and started in the field in 1980 during its infancy. Unlike most FORT Members, I don't really consider myself a fan of Reality TV. I am a fan of Survivor, but I can see the lure of Reality TV to a lot of folks. Due to my hectic schedule, with the exception of a Flyers or Eagles game, the only thing I truely watch is Survivor. I really enjoy watching the interpersonal relationship's that develop between the Survivors. As silly as it sounds, I even sent a video application for S3, obviously I wasn't chosen (Bummer!), but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. I started reading this board about a year ago, and enjoyed what I saw, the writers are very talented, the mods keep everything in sync, and John runs a tight ship, I like and respect all 3 factors, that's why I joined. So, thank you for allowing me to join in the chat here.

Much respect......Roz

Welcome, Roz! Glad you found a chance to introduce yourself, and too bad you weren't chosen for S3...but at least you didn't have to leave Marisa for 2 months

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Welcome, Roz! Glad you found a chance to introduce yourself, and too bad you weren't chosen for S3...but at least you didn't have to leave Marisa for 2 months
    John...you have a point !!

I'll give it a shot...

Name: Speedbump

Sex: yes please!..oops...Male

Occupation: Military/ 3 years in the Army and 9 years (and still goin) in the US Coast Guard

Marital Staus: single--hoping to change that, havn't found someone who will watch reality t.v. with me yet

Favorite Reality TV: Survivor, Bachelor/ B'Rette, Joe Millionaire, Average Joe, Love Cruise (remember that one?), older Real World and Road Rules, Ok, Ok, I watch just about any reality t.v.

Other Fav Shows: Huge Alias fan, CSI, Friends, college football (Penn State) and NFL (go Steeler's!)

Outdoor and Recreational Activities: hiking, skiing, mountain biking, pool, going to the beach, drive-ins and golf, Spinning

How I found this site: I was on Fox.com message boards for Joe Millionaire2 and there was a link here. Havn't been anywhere else since. This site is great, with a ton of personality and is run/ moderated very well.

I just recently came off of 7 years of sea duty so I have much more time to slow down and enjoy the guilty pleasure's in life. Most of the ships I was stationed on had satellite tv, so we would all gather around and watch the reality shows (it was a great escape from our "real world" and daily grind). The first reality show I saw (aside from Real World) was Survivor and Love Cruise. It's been all downhill from there. I never realized how much reality tv I watched. I'm always so active outside so it never occured to me that I have so many favorite shows. I use my VCR a lot and usually watch the shows just before bed (except for finale's, I watch them at the regular time).

Thanks for all the welcome's. It's nice to meet people with the same interest's. I look forward to meeting all 15,000 of you.

Speedbump, welcome! As a Love Cruise fan, you're gonna fit right in - check in with LG, she's the head of the "Love Cruise Secret Fan Club".

Miakoda, KatieKat, Roz_City and Speedbump!

to all new members, speedbump and KatieKat.

Off topic, but I love your av, Sheela!

Thanks, Haejin.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Well it is 'bout darn time I introduced myself!!!

I am from NW Ontario(vewwy vewwy cold right now)
    I am 24 (!) Yeah that's my story
    I am addicted to the FORT and Reality TV (Bachelor/ette, BigBrother, JM2)

I so look forward to the posts here. Some of you have made me laff out loud, some have made me mist up, but generally reading thru a LOT of posts, almost feel like I know y'all. Like good friends....This is a wonderful community of peeps and am just glad I found it!

+ Reply to Thread