+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Introduction thread - Introduce Yourself Here!

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Oh geez! I guess I should introduce myself since I've been here for nearly two months!
    Name: Mel

Location: Sunny California. I'm a transplant from Nebraska and before that Colorado. People are so weather wussy here! :rolleyes

Marriage status: 1 wonderful husband and 2 gorgeous kids (son 4 1/2, daughter 2 1/2 and yes, the parent's curse works, she is just like me!)

Interests: I love to crochet, sew, do embroidery, refinish furniture and am getting ready to gut and remodel our house! I am a Star Wars (trying to stay "spoiler-free" for Episode III in 2005), Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter nut. But I love all kinds of movies and books.

I like all kinds of TV too. I really enjoyed the Cupid recaps on this site and decided to sign up once The Bachelor 4 started (because the ABC boards really, really suck and I felt like a thread killer all of the time!).
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    People are so weather wussy here! :rolleyes
    Are you in the Los Angeles area? Because if you are, then last nights rain/hail/lightning/thunder storm was the most intense weather that we have had in my 42 years here. I've never seen so much lightning and the severity was awe inspiring. Some areas got 5" of rain in 2 hours. Maybe thats the norm for the south, but here we are lucky to get 5" in a rainy month.

So maybe we are wussy's most of the time, but last night we got a taste of what other people in other parts of the country have all the time!

Chris

Hello There!!

Well, I guess to start off and let you all get to know me, I`ll introduce myself:

Name: Jillian
    Married with a 15 yr. old son.
    Interests: Reading, writing poetry, painting, Water skiing, doing peoples hair.
    Work: Cosmetologist, in my own shop.
    Nickname: Jillibean, the smiley Queen (It started off as a joke, because I love to use smileys.)
    Favorite shows: Survivor, Big Brother, The amazing race, The Bachelor
    Pets: One spoiled Cat named Simby.
    ~~My style is to joke around a lot. It might take a while to get used to it.

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

Hey Jillibean!

to the FORT! Nice smileys!

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Are you in the Los Angeles area? Because if you are, then last nights rain/hail/lightning/thunder storm was the most intense weather that we have had in my 42 years here. I've never seen so much lightning and the severity was awe inspiring. Some areas got 5" of rain in 2 hours. Maybe thats the norm for the south, but here we are lucky to get 5" in a rainy month.

So maybe we are wussy's most of the time, but last night we got a taste of what other people in other parts of the country have all the time!

Chris
    I'm in Rancho Cucamonga.
    Yes, my drainspouts were busy last night too! But yet, two weeks ago, the fires were burning the mountainside less than a mile from my house! Weird.
    What cracks me up is that the temp drops down to about 65 degrees and everyone is in gloves and winter coats! My sister-in-law was out planting petunias this week whilst wearing a down jacket! One time I noticed the leaves had turned and were falling. I said to myself, "What a pretty fall day." I then smacked my head and remembered that it was January! I do miss the four seasons. Here it seems like it just bounces between summer and fall. Being able to swim practically all year round isn't bad either!
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Hi RCM and Jillibean!

RCM, there's no way I'd be able to write "Rancho Cucamonga" as a home address without snickering each time I did it. how do you manage it?

Wow Rancho Cucamonga? I hope you made it thru the fires okay. I know many homes were lost in that area.

Yes our seasons are pretty non existant here. I wish we would get more rain here, but I know this is a desert area, so that's not going to happen. Now I wish it would snow once in my lifetime, would be cool.

Chris

FORT Fogey
    Welcome Jillibean , the first thing that came to mind when I saw your screen name was Jelly beans then wondered what flavor you would be ... some sick personality test thing I a sure is out there on the web..
    Anyway welcome, we really are a great group.

Thanks guys. & ladies.

And, my profession is a Cosmetologist, so any hair problems or advice needed, just PM me. I could probably talk about hair all day.

I Like your smileys too!! :monkeybut
    These are the cutest different ones, i`ve seen>>>>>>> For my nick name, is the smiley Queen.

Plus, I enjoy bringing a smile to others>>>>>>>~~
    Even though, I have a goofy sense of humor at times...

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Welcome Jillibean , the first thing that came to mind when I saw your screen name was Jelly beans then wondered what flavor you would be ... some sick personality test thing I a sure is out there on the web..
    Anyway welcome, we really are a great group.

Some people have recognized my name in pictures as: JELLYBEAN
    But my screen name, actually has nothing to do with Jellybeans, for #1.) I don`t care fot them, or for candy much.
    and #2.) My twin sisters called me "Jillibean", after my name: Jillian. But I don`t mind it being associated with Jellybeans???

But as a child, I had so many nicknames: Shorty, Jo, Jo Nae, red (Hated that one!!), Jillibean, Strawberry Jellybean, so i`d have to say firegirl. My color and flavor would have to be the red ones, because of my strawberry blond hair.

+ Reply to Thread