+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Spel check issues

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    I used to use spell check on this site for every post, but it seems that the last time that we were shut down, the spell check has never worked for me since that date.
    It hasn't worked for me since the last time the FoRT was down either.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    It hasn't worked for me since the last time the FoRT was down either.
    Have you guys tried recently? I noticed this in the past, but just recently (within the last few days) I tried it again, and voila, it's working again.

ETA: Oops, I made the mistake of not looking far enough up before posting. It seems to be working for just some of us.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Have you guys tried recently? I noticed this in the past, but just recently (within the last few days) I tried it again, and voila, it's working again.

ETA: Oops, I made the mistake of not looking far enough up before posting. It seems to be working for just some of us.
    Well, you're special, Roses!

Actually, it will show when the words are misspelled but when I correct them and click on finish checking it says page cannot be displayed. Sooo, the corrections are there, I just have to manually change them on my post.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Actually, it will show when the words are misspelled but when I correct them and click on finish checking it says page cannot be displayed. Sooo, the corrections are there, I just have to manually change them on my post.
    That is exactly what happens to me. So I have to remember to notice which words need correcting, and what the correct spelling is. Fortunately, my spelling is over-all pretty good, so that's usually only a few words.

I keep trying it every other day, with NO success. Again, here's what popped up just now when I hit spellcheck:

"The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.fansofrealitytv.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
    Internet Explorer "
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I'm still having spelcheck issues, so I have to know if it's just me or is it everyone.

I open it, it corrects one or two or maybe three words and then it's stuck on the last word it corrects no matter how many other mispelled words there are. It will show me the mispelled word but in it's little mind, the correct spelling is from the prevous word.

So, am I doing something wrong or there a glitch in the system?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'm sure it is hiding in plain sight, but just where is the spell checker these days? I'm using the Standard Editor.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    veejer, I missed it too at first. Look on the reply box, above where you type, all the way to the right. There's a little ABC check mark. That's the spell check.

Spell check hasn't been available since the last system upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2183731;
    veejer, I missed it too at first. Look on the reply box, above where you type, all the way to the right. There's a little ABC check mark. That's the spell check.
    It's there but you have to download it first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast