+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Spel check issues

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastside Milwaukee
    Age
    58
    Posts
    9,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Today, every time I hit spell check, it freezes up my computer. I have to "end task" on my manager to get out of it.



    Odd problem.
    Well Maveno - Uf yew wuld spel kerekly yoo wood nut need spelchek
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

    https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

  2. #12
    I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    9,563
    Gabreel, I ACCIDENTLY clicked the spell check...I wasn't using it. Sheesh.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastside Milwaukee
    Age
    58
    Posts
    9,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Gabreel, I ACCIDENTLY clicked the spell check...I wasn't using it. Sheesh.
    oh oh OK !
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

    https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

  4. #14
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Buy a dictionary.

    *teeny thread jack*

    A couple of weeks ago there was a little girl in the infamous bead store, the daughter of a co-worker. She spends her "short days" there for a couple of hours, is generally a good kid. She even uses the time to do her homework. Third grade. She was working on spelling and vocabulary - and asked everyone in the store about every word. She didn't know ANY of them. After helping her use those words for about three minutes, I realize I'm doing this kid's homework! (I reserve that right only for my own kids, thank you.) I told her to dig out a dictionary and look up the words. She looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. And so did her mom.

    I'm sure this is pretty common. I understand how it's just easier to do it for the kid rather that teaching them how to research and such. I do think "helping" kids with homework is great. But what a disservice to our kids. And to think they are the generation who will be responsible for taking care of us in our golden years.

    *end of derailment*

  5. #15
    Bambi
    Guest
    My spell check was the dictionary or an older person. LOL!! The dictionary will never let you down! Use it!

    Hell, I just used it to make sure I spelled dictionary right!!

  6. #16
    Muduh
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    *teeny thread jack*

    A couple of weeks ago there was a little girl in the infamous bead store, the daughter of a co-worker. She spends her "short days" there for a couple of hours, is generally a good kid. She even uses the time to do her homework. Third grade. She was working on spelling and vocabulary - and asked everyone in the store about every word. She didn't know ANY of them. After helping her use those words for about three minutes, I realize I'm doing this kid's homework! (I reserve that right only for my own kids, thank you.) I told her to dig out a dictionary and look up the words. She looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. And so did her mom.

    I'm sure this is pretty common. I understand how it's just easier to do it for the kid rather that teaching them how to research and such. I do think "helping" kids with homework is great. But what a disservice to our kids. And to think they are the generation who will be responsible for taking care of us in our golden years.

    *end of derailment*
    My kids used to say "how can I look up how to spell it if I don't know how to spell it"?
    I always have a dictionary at my elbow when I'm reading or writing.

  7. #17
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    16,842
    There's nothing wrong with www.dictionary.com, or it's sister site: www.thesaurus.com.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  8. #18
    AIWANNABE
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    There's nothing wrong with www.dictionary.com, or it's sister site: www.thesaurus.com.
    Love them both!

  9. #19
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    16,842
    You know we're in a slow season if we're posting in a spell check thread. Bring on Big Brother!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastside Milwaukee
    Age
    58
    Posts
    9,698
    AMEN sister!
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

    https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.