+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The FORT Suggestion Box

Maybe there could be a new forum created called "West Coast Show Discussion Threads". In the "Other TV" area. Westerners could go in there and start a thread for any show they want to discuss, and there would be no need for the threads in there to ever be locked down.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Maybe there could be a new forum created called "West Coast Show Discussion Threads". In the "Other TV" area. Westerners could go in there and start a thread for any show they want to discuss, and there would be no need for the threads in there to ever be locked down.

I love this idea!! I wish I could participate in a show discussion thread, but I'm in Arizona. If I don't really care about the outcome, I'll read the thread. Otherwise, I'll just read it to the point in the show at which I'm at. I don't usually post because it seems like too much of an afterthought on the busy threads.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Are you proposing an "east coast discussion" and a "west coast discussion" thread for each show?
    Either idea would be great!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I think the problem with the separate discussion threads for east/west is that it will split this community. After the "play-by-play" action, where do we post? According to our location? Unless the threads are merge afterward, which takes more work for the mods, it seems to be a little unnecessary and a waste of space. Just IMO, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    After the "play-by-play" action, where do we post? According to our location? Unless the threads are merge afterward, which takes more work for the mods, it seems to be a little unnecessary and a waste of space. Just IMO, of course.
    I think the mods could merge the two threads together. I am a mod at another board and it is quite easy to merge threads.

Great idea QB

Not so much a suggestion as a question: A day or two ago I started a thread on the Survivor board about the various winners of the various Survivor seasons. It seemed we were having a jolly old discussion, when it ended up, with the rest of the Survivor board in purgatory, where, I presume, things go a week or so after finishing up. Now, I understand, continuing any discussion there is not really possible. I don't really see anywhere to discuss a reality show as a whole while that show is not currently on the air, for instance, people might want to discuss the different casts of The Apprentice, or (though I abhor the show) the different seasons of ANTM. Perhaps there is an obvious answer to this that I am missing, or perhaps there is a reason that it can't be done. Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think the mods could merge the two threads together. I am a mod at another board and it is quite easy to merge threads.
    Well, that's not really the problem . . . the concern is that when they are merged, all the posts will end up in chronological order, so much of the discussion will end up out of order and wonky; most likely effectively killing any conversations that were going on in either thread.

Or I would suggest locking each "show discussion thread" say, 5 minutes after it airs, and then have one Post-air time discussion thread. Could mean a lot of work, and then it would eventually bring us all to the same place to discuss or favorite shows.

potentially controversial suggestion: lock guests out of the General Discussion forums. Most discussions in there are personal in nature - nothing that anyone is worried about putting on a public message board, but why would anyone but regular contributors be interested in reading about our fellow members? It could be a perk of registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Or I would suggest locking each "show discussion thread" say, 5 minutes after it airs, and then have one Post-air time discussion thread. Could mean a lot of work, and then it would eventually bring us all to the same place to discuss or favorite shows.
    I like that idea more than what I was suggesting- makes more sense. If I get what you are saying- you have the show discussion thread only during the show, and only for what is happening at the time? Then close that up after west coast has seen it, and open up the general 'after the show 'discussion? After the show is where most of the action is anyway, I think. That sounds good and I wouldn't think it would be extra work. Actually- it really wouldn't need to be locked, but posters would find conversation better in the other thread. That way people can read what happened, or post during, then go to the after show discussion to talk about it.

+ Reply to Thread