+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 164

Thread: The FORT Suggestion Box

  1. #21
    all hot air Ana Bannana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the palm of the mitten
    Posts
    4,530
    What is happening? I got a message from suggestions@fansofrealitytv.co m with a zip file, and now I may not be able to post. WTH?? I tried sending a couple of messages to the suggestions site, and for whatever reason the "send" would not work. Then today, I had a message with a NOTICE:Final Warning, there was a zip file, and I have no idea what that is about.
    Did I do something wrong?

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey Sunnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the sun
    Posts
    1,021
    I would like to see *after the show* discussion that is separate than the *during the show discussion* because you have to sort through pages and pages of stuff you have already seen....That way people can choose to catch up if they missed it- or start posting if they have seen it.
    That would be nice and totally make my day

  3. #23
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    What is happening? I got a message from suggestions@fansofrealitytv.co m with a zip file, and now I may not be able to post. WTH?? I tried sending a couple of messages to the suggestions site, and for whatever reason the "send" would not work. Then today, I had a message with a NOTICE:Final Warning, there was a zip file, and I have no idea what that is about.
    Did I do something wrong?
    No, you're not in trouble, Ana. It sounds like a worm. Just do not open that zip file.

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I would like to see *after the show* discussion that is separate than the *during the show discussion* because you have to sort through pages and pages of stuff you have already seen....That way people can choose to catch up if they missed it- or start posting if they have seen it.
    That would be nice and totally make my day
    I really like that idea. I think it would make things easier to go through and more organized.

  5. #25
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    What is happening? I got a message from suggestions@fansofrealitytv.co m with a zip file, and now I may not be able to post. WTH?? I tried sending a couple of messages to the suggestions site, and for whatever reason the "send" would not work. Then today, I had a message with a NOTICE:Final Warning, there was a zip file, and I have no idea what that is about.
    Did I do something wrong?
    NO , lokks like a trojan or something. As with email you do not know, DO NOT OPEN IT. DELETE IT..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  6. #26
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    44
    Posts
    40,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I would like to see *after the show* discussion that is separate than the *during the show discussion* because you have to sort through pages and pages of stuff you have already seen....That way people can choose to catch up if they missed it- or start posting if they have seen it.
    That would be nice and totally make my day
    But an after the show discussion for someone on the east coast would be a during the show discussion for someone on the west coast. Are you proposing an "east coast discussion" and a "west coast discussion" thread for each show?

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    But an after the show discussion for someone on the east coast would be a during the show discussion for someone on the west coast. Are you proposing an "east coast discussion" and a "west coast discussion" thread for each show?
    I saw it as a regular show discussion thread until 12 PM EST, or whenever the show ends on the west coast, and then a post-show discussion for everything after that.

    The people on the east coast when they are done watching can jump over to the post-discussion thread so basically the west-coasters would be alone in the live discussion thread until the show is over.

    I would only do this for big shows such as Apprentice, AI, Survivor, and ANTM.

    Just my two cents.

  8. #28
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    The problem with that setup is that the people coming in for the live show at a later time zone would be seeing the last posts of the people who just finished watching it - i.e., spoilers.

    I can only see something like this working with separate threads for separate time zones, which would change the way we lock down forums, etc. Currently, locking down the forums has done a lot to eliminate spoilers for us on the West coast, and I would hate to see that go by the wayside.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    The problem with that setup is that the people coming in for the live show at a later time zone would be seeing the last posts of the people who just finished watching it - i.e., spoilers.

    I can only see something like this working with separate threads for separate time zones, which would change the way we lock down forums, etc. Currently, locking down the forums has done a lot to eliminate spoilers for us on the West coast, and I would hate to see that go by the wayside.
    Are you only able to lock one thread at a time?

  10. #30
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    44
    Posts
    40,432
    Yes, when we lock a forum, only one thread remains unlocked.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.